• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Evolution Powersports 634 mile report and review

I have stage 3, stock helix 3-3, OSP weights loaded 3-3-3-0. Have not been on hardpack with that combo yet.
IMO you will need more finish angle on helix for better top end.. Especially with those flatter profile weights..
Not cutting your set up at all!.
And very interested in your results with those OSP weights(I have a set also) . I feel they could be very fast weights with the correct helix angle.. Not saying I know which helix but I feel its not the stocker. Shagnos> do your rpm's drop off up top with your set up?

IMO you will need more finish angle on helix for better top end.. Especially with those flatter profile weights..
Not cutting your set up at all. Shagnos> do your rpm's drop off up top with your set up?
Out of the hole 9500-9600 which is probably track spin then will drop to 9300 or so. 9100 once really rolling. Clutches are spotless clean, hardly any dust. 8jp with 600 miles, have over 1000 miles on the sled now.

Out of the hole 9500-9600 which is probably track spin then will drop to 9300 or so. 9100 once really rolling. Clutches are spotless clean, hardly any dust. 8jp with 600 miles, have over 1000 miles on the sled now.
Are you saying 3/3/3/0 from tip? or from heel?
I ran those weights for a few miles and couldn't get them to my liking.. But I had the wrong belt on and I was loaded a lot more on the tip holes. from tip I was 3/3/2/1.. And mine would fall a little up top.. But I wanted to try taking a little off the very tip hole. thinking it would hold the rpm some up top.. Your rpm seem a smidge high >nothing crazy

I have TD flash its at 13 psi so close to where your at.

Are you saying 3/3/3/0 from tip? or from heel?
I ran those weights for a few miles and couldn't get them to my liking.. But I had the wrong belt on and I was loaded a lot more on the tip holes. from tip I was 3/3/2/1.. And mine would fall a little up top.. But I wanted to try taking a little off the very tip hole. thinking it would hold the rpm some up top.. Your rpm seem a smidge high >nothing crazy

I have TD flash its at 13 psi so close to where your at.
0 in the heel. 3 in the tip.

Maybe try loading some in the heels and back off 1 or 2 in the very tip? Or wait to run some good hard pack?
That very tip is the area I questioned as far loading the HE@$ out of(**with stock helix**)..
Not saying its wrong just crossed my mind when I ran them. And I would bet most will say "load it max".

Maybe try loading some in the heels and back off 1 or 2 in the very tip? Or wait to run some good hard pack?
That very tip is the area I questioned as far loading the HE@$ out of(**with stock helix**)..
Not saying its wrong just crossed my mind when I ran them. And I would bet most will say "load it max".
Easy enough to change and test. Hope to be in St. Germain in a couple weeks weather permitting.

Shagnos, some of us are really beginning to wonder about you! :dunno:

Yup, just when I was starting to feel comfortable around this guy.
Actually, after reading more and more of his posts and info, I,m a little bit sorry I gave him a bit of a hard time at the beginning, when I asked him to post the picture of a boot and the glove, and he gave me the finger with the glove in the boot, which I deserved. LOL
I really appreciate what all these guys are doing while trying to solve problems. I follow along all these threads, and try to gain as much knowledge about their issues, and fixes, as I can. Thanks again for all the great effort.
I,ve still got the old reliable 2013 turbo cat, but am trying to reach a comfort level of possibly owning a Sidewinder in the near future, since my nice new sweatshirt is already on the way.

Yup, just when I was starting to feel comfortable around this guy.
Actually, after reading more and more of his posts and info, I,m a little bit sorry I gave him a bit of a hard time at the beginning, when I asked him to post the picture of a boot and the glove, and he gave me the finger with the glove in the boot, which I deserved. LOL

LOL....that was classic! No worries it's all good. Sometimes you need a stupid comment to lighten things up. Now let's get past this warm up so we can get back on the snow!

Back