• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Excessive Slider Ware

dragerman

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 VK Pro
2011 VK 540III
I only have 400km on new set of sliders for my 2014 Pro, I could really smell them burning today (melting plastic). I got home and the left side was really warm, would melt snow like right now and the right side appeared normal. My track spins fine and true with it on the stand and the track sags about 1.5-2" in the middle so I don't think the track is too tight. Any suggestions?? I put new sliders on about a month ago and haven't smelled them burn until now. My left side is at the wear mark and the right is good.

What conditions are you riding in? If you are on plowed roads or hard packed trails, the right will tend to get a little more snow from the edge as you fallow the right hand edge.
I will sometimes drag my feet to kick in snow or use dish soap. The 14's have an even taller lug then mine.
Look into scratchers... http://www.qualipieces.com/Trail-Bl...pray-Device-for-all-models-of-snowmobile.aspx
(I use their cobra head runners for zero darting.)
I was stuck using the kimpex sliders once and they didn't last long at all, I like the factory ones. Or look into the DuPont sliders

I have a 2006 vk professional. I had the same problem with the slides sticking, went through 3 sets in 1500 km. Then my track broke.I replaced the track with a camoplast studded one I got from a bombardier dealer
No more slide issues. It leaves me to believe that the track has something to do with the slide issue.My orignal track had blisters around the metal cleats the slides run on ,no doubt caused by the heat from the slides,Which I believe eventually caused my track to fail. Scratchers will help but when your track fails do not replace it with orignal type. The one I got had no drive lugs in the middle ,I have not noticed any effect from this.I don't haul heavy loads,if you do it might make a difference I don't know.Also buy grafite slides.

I swapped out the original 5" idlers for 5-1/4" and now have put on 2000kms. on cheap sliders. Should get another 1000kms out of them

Back