• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust dump into tunnel ?

Front mounted turbos,It looks like there maybe room for a small muffler at the point where the 2 !/2 exhaust exits into the tunnel,then exit the pipe or pipes towards the edge of the track.

don,t need a muffler or any pipe, the dump tube off the front mount goes through one of the four stock exit holes I cut the end of the dump tube off just after it goes through the stock hole in the front of the tunnel I have not had any problems with heat on the track.

snowy1, Do you ride the trails and lakes at 140+ on the dreammeter? Just guessing that you ride in the powder In NV. That is why I would imagine you havn't had any problems. Is that correct? Its hard for me to belive you could dump 1500 degree exhaust into the track and tunnel area here in the mid-west, on the trails, due to the lack of snow flying through the tunnel. Some of these guys around here don't even have enough snow dust to cool the engine and lube the slides let alone cool the track and silence the noise comming off an open pipe. It would be great if we could though.

dumping the exhaust in the tunnel is awesome, theres no more burning the boots, the sound is great, and when you are climbing or in the powder, the snow muffles the exhaust.

you are right we do ride the mountains and usaully have plenty of snow for cooling, I have been running about 10 miles up the road to were we ride lately with hard packed road due to no new snow slides sticking but I don,t due 140 more like 50 to70 and stop every couple miles and kick snow on the slides, maybe it won,t work in your conditions I haven,t had the motor get hot on me yet if I think its not getting enough cooling I stop and cool it off befor it gets too hot, but at 100+ I would think the air flow through the tunnel would be plenty to keep things cool.

Back