• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Turnouts

mmaman207

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 Attak Stage 1 MPI , 06 Apex Mtn Boondocker Race Gas Turbo.
I know yamaha isnt making them any more.... need a set for 06-10 apex. Ive searched threads here... ebay... amazon... havent come up with much. Anyone know where I can get a set? Anyone have a set lying around they dont need?? Appreciate any help!

Auto supply store, got a chrome set of turn outs, cut them to length and tack welded them on. You could put a couple of screws in them to hold them in place. And when they started to rust I painted them with high heat paint.

I know yamaha isnt making them any more.... need a set for 06-10 apex. Ive searched threads here... ebay... amazon... havent come up with much. Anyone know where I can get a set? Anyone have a set lying around they dont need?? Appreciate any help!

Yes they are! I looked them up for a 2010! K side note to that they are on the Canadian website and the black are in stock the silver are limited. I'll also add what is the difference in size from the 11 ups? I'd say order then from Canada if the 11s wont work.

Black!

SKU
SMA-8FT14-BK-00

Silver but listed as limited availability!

SKU
SMA-8FT14-00-00

Last edited:
I got a set last year from some where..???? Any way I saw a post were they took chrome ones cut and screwed them on. The trick is to measure the pipe proper and get or find a set the fits.

I got a set last year from some where..???? Any way I saw a post were they took chrome ones cut and screwed them on. The trick is to measure the pipe proper and get or find a set the fits.
I just purchased the turnouts for my Apex XTX 2015 , as I am installing a LINQ gas can .
The turnouts pictured in the catalogue / website in Canada ,are not what they look like and really only slightly extend rather than turn out , like the picture shows . The ones that actually turn out , are for a different sled , and are bigger than what is required to slip over the pipe and rivet in place .
Would need some type of spacer to make it fit tight .
OR buy and make them from a auto or exhaust shop .
The exhaust pipe on my sled is 1 1/4 inch OD, and the turnouts are just slightly bigger ID , so they slip over snug .
Anyone have pics of what I'm trying to do ?

The turnouts for 2011 and up are not really turnouts but extensions. The ones for 2006-2010 are discontinued, but a few dealers have NOS on the shelves. The OP is in Maine, and the dealer that I listed that stocks them is in Maine.

I found em at Rev it Up in Rangely Maine... right in my state no less! Got a set coming. Thanks for all the feedback!

These were chrome and 1.5" pipe from Canadian Tire, I cut them off and tack welded them over the existing tips. I have carried bags back there with no problems.

Attachments

• Phone 315.JPG
    Phone 315.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 506
  • Phone 314.JPG
    Phone 314.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 524
THESE really are chrome.
20150423_183054.jpg

Got them on fleabay after measuring the existing exhaust pipe to buy the right fit. Cut them to length, slide over the existing pipe and rivet on.

P1020233.JPG

I just purchased the turnouts for my Apex XTX 2015 , as I am installing a LINQ gas can .
The turnouts pictured in the catalogue / website in Canada ,are not what they look like and really only slightly extend rather than turn out , like the picture shows . The ones that actually turn out , are for a different sled , and are bigger than what is required to slip over the pipe and rivet in place .
Would need some type of spacer to make it fit tight .
OR buy and make them from a auto or exhaust shop .
The exhaust pipe on my sled is 1 1/4 inch OD, and the turnouts are just slightly bigger ID , so they slip over snug .
Anyone have pics of what I'm trying to do ?
Yes I do and have done exactly what you want to do

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 704
  • image.png
    image.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 454
  • image.png
    image.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 469
My gas can is about 3/4-1 inch away from my turnouts and the can never gets hit it melts, I never used no reflective tape or anything, and I can put my hand on the turnouts after riding, they don't get real hot and they made my apex more quiet when I put them on

I like this idea !!

Wanted something to work for some storage on my short track without backpacking and I think this is the best answer ;)!

Back