• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Turnouts

One of my OEM Yamaha's exhaust turnouts fell off. Rivet must of worn away... I see that Yamaha CA has them .. but being USA guy they won't let me order them. Is there a way around that to order them?

One of my OEM Yamaha's exhaust turnouts fell off. Rivet must of worn away... I see that Yamaha CA has them .. but being USA guy they won't let me order them. Is there a way around that to order them?

Junk them and add some real chrome turnouts, a little work but look a lot better and probably cost less too.
IMG_1068.JPG

A few years ago, I ordered some accessories for my Grizzly 700 from the Canadian catalog. They offered different and better looking things than were available on the US site. Go figure. I believe I called a dealer on the NY border, but in Canada, had them order them, and they then shipped them to me.

Junk them and add some real chrome turnouts, a little work but look a lot better and probably cost less too.View attachment 128006

those are great.... I'll do that.. can you remember the part number or size? if not no big deal.. I'll measure and go fishing.
The rivets I used must of burnt up or cut thru... back to the drawing board..

Sorry Capt, you'll have to go fishing. I bought the ones for the Attak 11-12 years ago and the ones for my Venture GT about 3 years ago. Bought them all on Fleabay. It seems to me I measured the outside diameter (OD) of the pipe on the sled, found a vendor that had a set at a decent price and then emailed for them to match my OD with their ID. From there you only have to cut them to length and rivet. Use 3 STEEL rivets in each one. Never had a problem, mine still looked as pictured above when I sold the sled with over 21,000 miles.

Thanks...got it...simple to figure out..

Back