• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extra fuel setups

Yannie

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha Nytro RTX
What are you guys doing for extra fuel other than a trail tank?

Hope somebody has a cool RTX setup.

I use brp gas can with an exhaust turnout. I wish I hadve used their link system. Someone on here had a thread about it.

I use these, kolpin packs complete with mounts, and it's an RTX

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 317
I use these, kolpin packs complete with mounts, and it's an RTX

I see you put some kind of isolator on the edge of the running board, did you also put something on the flat under the tank? What was the cost?

Last edited:
Nothing under the flat of the tank, the plastic of the tank is quite thick but for extra insurance I put those "isolators" on. I used the tube from one of those cheap plastic shelfs that plug together,just cut a slit in it long ways and cut to length and slips right over the edge of the running board. Each pack holds 6.5 Ltrs.

What bracket and tank model did you use?

There kolpin jr. Packs available at crappy tire, or at royal and probably a couple other places, I got mine at crappy tire and they come with the mounting brackets. Easy on easy off with just a half turn of the handle. I also mounted the brackets with rivet nuts and stainless bolts available at the Home Depot so that I can remove the brackets on day trips.

If you get a chance could you post a pic of the bracket mounted on the sled. Thanks

Hope this helps, I don't know how to post more than one picture at a time so I'll post another with the rivet nuts installed in a minute...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 339
Any problems with them leaking? I seen a couple people reviewed them with leaking issues.

4 rivet nuts. The first one at that height in the pic off the running board And the other three just follow the holes in the bracket, I used 1/4" bolts so I had to enlarge the holes in the bracket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 249

Back