• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top Speed Runs NA VIPER

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Wish I would have got on river yesterday. We got about 5in of Lake Effect snow last night and it was warm so am in process of packing down a run area. Its coming along. Enough excuses.
Spent most of last night finishing up studs and attempting to lower the sled with bent springs. Did not lower it at all but she sure carries the skis just perfectly so worth it. I had clutched previously to 9100 and was touching rev limiter today at 9200+. More wieght I throw at it I am picking up speed so little more left for tomorrow. I believe I ended up at 9170 recall. Going to get it down even more. Here is video of best I got today. Did it probably 4 times in ten back to back runs.

Last edited:

Went out today and it was near zero C. I could only hit 161 on GPS. Last weekk with 20 c lowered temp I hit 170 gps easily. My intake temp were 15C lowered last weekend and I was much faster

Your high beams were on. The light rays being aimed up in the air probably slowed you down a little/

Thanks. Ulmer/Straightline header. Going to tighten front limiter straps 3 and see if that helps drag a bit. Going to clutch for 8800rpm and see if it helps. Post vid later.

Went out today and it was near zero C. I could only hit 161 on GPS. Last weekk with 20 c lowered temp I hit 170 gps easily. My intake temp were 15C lowered last weekend and I was much faster
Yea noticed my intakes were in 50's. Were consistently in 20's last weekend. Conditions,Conditions!

air temp is huge. that has been my goal all year. changed intake location, intercooler, i cut the plastic under the headlight (really helped). intake temps before anything where 130+, after intercooler 90-110, after location change 50-75, after cutting plastic 30-60, i have one idea left to do but can't find a vent that i like yet. last night temps where 20 and intake was about 55. power difference is amazing. doing 60 and pin it the next number i see on the tac is 77 skips digits hard to 95. creeps up after 100. something is robbing tons of power after 90. my bet, SKID!

The Ulmer/Straightline Header and wrap looks great yet. Must have about 600mi on it. Now for the Evo.
Header.JPG

Its on. Running out of daylight but HID's will do!
Heres pics. Obviously this was in fact my old header fixed up as evidenced from the burned shield remnants. I didnt notice that till out of package so this one definitly had hands on. I like that.
IMG_1186.JPG

Here is the gap by valvecover. Little more than a 1/16in. Enough? Is for now. We will see.
IMG_1188.JPG

Final fit. Have about 1/4in between header and bottom of tunnel protectors so as long as track doesnt flex it will clear my studs. Close though and track is wore.
IMG_1189.JPG

Shield seems to fit perfectly. Hard to see if gap on left side is good but it should be right? Brand new never used shield bought just for this day.
IMG_1190.JPG

Now lets see how it does...

Spoke a bit soon. Shield hits pipe right by valvecover where pipe is also close. Had to pry it over a bit. No biggie.

Back