• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Face shield kit Question

SledFreak

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Current 2020 ThunderCat. - SOLD!
Your Quote "Here's what Yamaha has that fits into the accessory plug on the dash. You can buy the whole kit if your putting it onto a RS sled that didn't already have an accessory plug on it or you can buy just the plug and wire that into your helmet lead if you already have the port on the dash.

www.portyamaha.com/eshopprod_cat_1458-3 ... Outlet.htm"

I'm still not sure how I can hook this into my Apex GT? Do I need to add this accessory plug and if I do, do I need to hard wire it in or do I just plug it in to the accessory wires? Please explain?

Your Apex GT already has the accessory socket on it on the left side of the top of the gas tank cover. All you would need to do is buy the $10 adapter plug and wire your electric shield wires into it. Then you would just insert this into the accessory socket on the sled to plug in your shield. For owners who don't already have the accessory socket on the sled you can buy the whole kit.

You mean the accessorie socket that looks like where you can plug your cell phone into. The 12 volt adapter female end? If, so I don't want to use that, when It should be able to have it's own wire connecting to an accessory wire under the dash somewhere. What if I need my GPS and heated shield going at once? I know on a ski-doo, there are multiple accessory wires that allows you to use for multiple power sources? ie. GPS, Heated shield etc.... There must be another way, or am I out to lunch on what you are talking about.

Your right on with what I'm talking about on the accessory female plug on the dash. If you are using it for something else you could tap into the blue/white wire on the left side of the handlebars to power your shield and just zip tie the connector into place near the handlebars. I believe that wire runs to the brake light switch. This is how we have wired them in the past. I haven't looked at an 06 to verify that the wire is blue/white but they have been that way for years on Yamaha's.

On the 05 rages or vectors is there a place to plug into using the Yamaha kit you sell?

Also is there a service manual for the 05 rages yet?

thanks for any help....

On the 05 Rages and Vectors if you buy the kit ($40) in the link above the recepticle will fit into the tank cover on the left side similar to how the ignition switch is on the right side. Then you route the wiring under the hood from there and taped into the harness near the aluminum support bracket in front of the tank there is a pigtail for directly plugging this in. Pretty nice set-up - this came stock on all the 05 Venture four-stroke models so the three cylinder wiring harness already is outfitted for it however the 05 (RX) four cylinders were not prewired for it.

As far as the service manual goes they are available. I believe we have them in stock. They sell for $60.

Back