• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

figured out why my sled was not reading right on the afr gauge

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 Yamaha apex
hello so i have a2007 apex that i blew the first motor up at 10 pounds of boost no head shim so then i bought another motor used from a 2009 with a headshim was told it was a good motor guy sounded legit ,so i put the motor in my sled and right from the begining i could never get the afr s to ever be consistent ,installeda pcv ,bigger injectors ,bigger fuel pump changed the pulleys to get the boost up to 12 pounds afr is all over the page not consistent ,with the help of dave at hurricane performance i tried several different things ,he is very helpful great guy to deal with ,sooooooo we havent had much for snow till now so thought i would start tuning again but it was running so rich pouring out black smoke when idling and reving it up so i thought may as well do a compression test well one cylinder only had 30 pounds of compression found the problem likely had a weak cylinder right from the start ,well i guess i will pull the engine again and check the block out hopefully cylinder is okay install new piston and rings and hopefully will be good to go again lol the joy of boosted machines

I would never buy a used engine that had been boosted . Big mistake.

Ken.....

Back