• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally..first ride on my 16 xtx

20/80

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 APEX LE XTX
Well I have to say my first impressions of this sled is I love the power and that sound, I kinda got the SS suspension dialed in for me with maybe alittle more tweaking but I can live with it for now, it handled great on the trail and they were rough and twisty none groomed, you got to love the power steering, great traction with the 1.75 lug but chews up the trail behind you, my only concern is fuel milage after doing some figures I went 56 miles on about 4.4 imp gals which works out to be around 12.7 miles per gal, trail conditions were not the best and found the snow abit pushy with some resistance, speed was about 30-40 mph at best with the odd time pushing the fun flipper to the hadle bar( couldn't help myself) that puts me around 100 miles to a tank in same conditions, when I got back my fuel gauge was showing 1 bar below half is this normal milage for a Apex? thanks.

My Attak pretty much is oem and gets about 13- 14 tops..mpg..that is.

My Attak pretty much is oem and gets about 13- 14 tops..mpg..that is.
Thanks, I only have alittle over 500 miles on my Apex maybe it will get a little more when it loosens up abit, I also have the snow trackers on and I find they plow the snow some in loose snow conditions, hard pack trails will be better i'm thinking.

13 to 14 on my 06. I don't powder play much, pretty much ARTS ( Apex Rapid Trail Speed), and never saw less than 12 checking. Lots of full throttle, just because, but even steady cruising doesn't buy much more mileage so might as well enjoy the power.

13 to 14 on my 06. I don't powder play much, pretty much ARTS ( Apex Rapid Trail Speed), and never saw less than 12 checking. Lots of full throttle, just because, but even steady cruising doesn't buy much more mileage so might as well enjoy the power.
That's good to know, even with the xtx skid there isn't much space for a gas jug for those longer runs, I seen some where some sort of rack that mounted to the tunnel placing the rack above the exhaust and still see the tail light, can't remember where I seen it. thanks

You are able to go exactly 24 miles after the light comes on...

I ran out of gas twice with the same sled. It gets 100 miles max to a tank. Love everything else about it though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only 100 miles....that must be deep snow or breakin trail etc??

Most seem to get at least 120 miles out of a tank trail riding a post 2011 apex??

My light comes on trail cruising at about 90 miles, when filling at 120 miles I figured a bit less then a gallon left. Now soft snow or wet snow and that drops!

My light comes on trail cruising at about 90 miles, when filling at 120 miles I figured a bit less then a gallon left. Now soft snow or wet snow and that drops!

Same here.... never ran out.. but that's about right.. The wife has a RS Vector 2010 does much better..but she's much lighter then me and is easy on the throttle.
From what I read the other machines like 1200 doo get the same..

My 07 riding on good hard pack trails, with some WOT pulls on straights, cruising at about 80 on longer stretches best I've seen is after 90 miles, I have 3 bars left. When I 1st got it, I was always on it, WOT every chance I could, gas light came on about 90 miles in.

Same here.... never ran out.. but that's about right.. The wife has a RS Vector 2010 does much better..but she's much lighter then me and is easy on the throttle.
From what I read the other machines like 1200 doo get the same..

Mileage is a bit better on the Doo 1200 but the tank is bigger so they can get closer to 160 miles to a tank.

Heading out tomorrow for another little tour before it rains away our snow, trails are hard packed now from the traffic hoping to see alittle difference in mileage on the hard pack we will see, something I noticed with my single shot rear suspension fox float shock is that it looses air, around 20 psi after the last ride, I had 220psi when I went for a ride on Saturday yesterday I checked it and it only had 200psi in it, is this normal? my front fox floats never lost any psi, I wonder what's up with that.

Back