• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally..first ride on my 16 xtx

Heading out tomorrow for another little tour before it rains away our snow, trails are hard packed now from the traffic hoping to see alittle difference in mileage on the hard pack we will see, something I noticed with my single shot rear suspension fox float shock is that it looses air, around 20 psi after the last ride, I had 220psi when I went for a ride on Saturday yesterday I checked it and it only had 200psi in it, is this normal? my front fox floats never lost any psi, I wonder what's up with that.

I lost two rear shocks las year. Knock on wood, no issues this year. I would carry the pump with you and check it every so often. Just make sure pressure is off shock when you do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I lost two rear shocks las year. Knock on wood, no issues this year. I would carry the pump with you and check it every so often. Just make sure pressure is off shock when you do.

Thanks, is your rear shock loosing some pressure from time to time or is it holding where you set it, is this how your other shocks started before they blew?

Thanks, is your rear shock loosing some pressure from time to time or is it holding where you set it, is this how your other shocks started before they blew?

This current shock is holding where I set it. My first shock blew after 1,000 miles. I wasn't diligent about checking it and dealer thinks it lost too much air and blew out the seal. They replaced it,then 100 miles down the trail I lost that one. Since the third one has been in, no issues. Have 2,000 miles on it. Check it every ride.

This current shock is holding where I set it. My first shock blew after 1,000 miles. I wasn't diligent about checking it and dealer thinks it lost too much air and blew out the seal. They replaced it,then 100 miles down the trail I lost that one. Since the third one has been in, no issues. Have 2,000 miles on it. Check it every ride.

I'm kind of nervous now lol, I don't think it should be loosing air unless when I'm taking the pump hose off the shock its loosing it there, I do here some air release when taking the hose off.

Sorry I don't mean to get you nervous. Just sharing my experience. I would just keep an eye on it. Worse case scenario warranty gets you a new one. The sled all around is awesome and you will love it more and more as it breaks in.

Sorry I don't mean to get you nervous. Just sharing my experience. I would just keep an eye on it. Worse case scenario warranty gets you a new one. The sled all around is awesome and you will love it more and more as it breaks in.

No problem, thanks so much for the info

I had the same thing last year with my 2016 xtx I had 600 kms when I blew my rear shock I was told that something wasn't tightened right when some of these shock where assembled not sure if this is true or not

That's good to know, even with the xtx skid there isn't much space for a gas jug for those longer runs, I seen some where some sort of rack that mounted to the tunnel placing the rack above the exhaust and still see the tail light, can't remember where I seen it. thanks

lol like mine?

lol like mine?

Where did you get that rack in the back? I carry a portable winch and need something to get it above the exhaust..

Well after a nice ride on the trails today my mileage has improved, the trails were beat down and you seem to slide along more freely very little drag compared to my first trip, I did 63 miles on 4 imp gals (4.8 us gal) 18Lts filled it which works out to around 15 mpg and abit, by no means I was running hard 30-40 mph tops, trails are nice here but rough none groomed in my area, I should get 100 miles per tank tops, I'm very pleased with this mileage

I have a 14 xtx and I like it. It gets 14.1 mpg average. Small fuel tank absolutely sucks. We spend to much time obsessing over where to get gas, can we make it, etc. It's BS. Someone would probably make their first million if they could figure out a way to have an aux tank or a spare fuel can that doesn't look hideous or melt.

I have a 14 xtx and I like it. It gets 14.1 mpg average. Small fuel tank absolutely sucks. We spend to much time obsessing over where to get gas, can we make it, etc. It's BS. Someone would probably make their first million if they could figure out a way to have an aux tank or a spare fuel can that doesn't look hideous or melt.
I agree, must be something out there for the apex that does not require major surgery

Back