• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally home...

I, like you, I am very careful with the track on asphalt and bad snow condition. I know 3 guys that managed to delaminate the Ice Attack XT and mine still looks new.

For sure it will be a huge test to these iGrips since one of my bud manages to rip studs in one season. Still I will push him to buy these since I want him to test it for me. Besides compared to studs these can't make holes in the heat exchangers....or can they? Will see. lol

I had a bud that ruined his Ice Attack as well in about 1500 miles too.. idiots, LOL. From what I can tell they are extremely light and will not hurt anything but I am sure someone will be able to take out an exchanger from neglect.

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary with my Ice Attack XT but it lost a bunch of the outside lugs. I'm hopeful Camso had a bad batch, but regardless they warranted it and I went with a RipSaw II, fully clipped and put studs up the center. I've never heard of one of these having issues.

Buddy did the same thing with his Ice Attack XT when he was practicing carving in not so great powder... to this day his track is still holding up without his outside lugs.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt. This is just me and how I like to ride. GT after having it valved correctly and learning how to use the rebound it was great in the small stutter bumps to about 1 foot after that you could feel the weight of the machine wanting to toss you around and had to hang on tighter. The 2011 and up mono shocks rode better out of the box then the GT did but when the moguls would get deep the ride was not so fun. The apex mono skid is a 1 foot or smaller trail suspension that is very cushy and plush. The XTX was not cushy or plush on the smaller bump but could handle the bigger bumps better to a point and then once again you would start to feel the same sensation of the weight of the machine wanting to toss you. Off trial, mono, not so great and the XTX skid would prevail. Once thing to remember, mono is not a stand up rider suspension, you will go tossed over the bars.. the XTX skid, you can stand and ride all day.

Both skid have their place but I would rather be on a SW or viper all day when the trails are tore up and deep.. you just don't feel that weight like you do on an Apex. I still have 2Apexs and if the trails are smooth with slight stutters no bigger then a foot, then the Apex will shine on the trail all day for me.
Hi Tom,can you do me a favor,remove your hood and than filter,check to see if your filter is being squashed on top by hood,and if the hood pushing down on filter is squashing the charge tube under it? Beast

Hi Tom,can you do me a favor,remove your hood and than filter,check to see if your filter is being squashed on top by hood,and if the hood pushing down on filter is squashing the charge tube under it? Beast

You mean the Alpha intake unit that I have installed?

You mean the Alpha intake unit that I have installed?
Yes Tom,mine measures about 6.5" long by 5.5" dia.,its not the length,although we would be hard pressed to install a longer one,as mine comes almost up to vent window,but its a lot more its dia. as mine rests ontop of my lower left boost tube,when hood is on and bucked down,the hood squashes down ontop of it,but my problem may have been from not running prefilter,as that may give it some cushing,and it was the filters metal screen material that was rubbing on tube. I did call Alphapowersport today who made the filter,they only have two filters,one is the one we have,the other is a smaller dia. and maybe a tad longer for the Polaris slingshot,and both are around 45 bucks a piece. He did say,that our filters are dry filter,wash with soap and water,or K&N Kleen,but no oil.

Yes Tom,mine measures about 6.5" long by 5.5" dia.,its not the length,although we would be hard pressed to install a longer one,as mine comes almost up to vent window,but its a lot more its dia. as mine rests ontop of my lower left boost tube,when hood is on and bucked down,the hood squashes down ontop of it,but my problem may have been from not running prefilter,as that may give it some cushing,and it was the filters metal screen material that was rubbing on tube. I did call Alphapowersport today who made the filter,they only have two filters,one is the one we have,the other is a smaller dia. and maybe a tad longer for the Polaris slingshot,and both are around 45 bucks a piece. He did say,that our filters are dry filter,wash with soap and water,or K&N Kleen,but no oil.

I moved your question to this thread as it makes more sense to ask it here. 2nd I ran over to my shop and looked at My Alpha unit and it does not touch the hood and it barley touches the charge tube.

I moved your question to this thread as it makes more sense to ask it here. 2nd I ran over to my shop and looked at My Alpha unit and it does not touch the hood and it barley touches the charge tube.
Thanks Tom,i wonder if some of these filters are running odd sizes. Do you have your prefilter on?

I sure do..
Tom,how many miles sense your cai? Do you have a lot of belt dust around filter? Mine in 700 miles on stock 8JP lots of dust,belt still looks good.

Buddy did the same thing with his Ice Attack XT when he was practicing carving in not so great powder... to this day his track is still holding up without his outside lugs.
That is weird for sure. I have an ice attack on my SW with 1600 miles on it and the track looks brand new. There aren't even any marks on my outer lugs. I saw the pics Beerman posted and I don't know what conditions could cause such damage. I know my dealer posted he has seen this damage before and thinks it could be caused by ice build up on the outside tunnel areas but wouldn't that damage the lugs on all tracks? Why just the pre studded ones? I took his advise and sprayed my tunnel with silicone to keep ice build up to a min. I think this is a good idea for all sleds.

Curve Ski Thrusters
View attachment 122683

Yamaha Nytro Ice Scratchers.
View attachment 122684

Yamaha 4 point suspension spring Adjusters.
View attachment 122685

Evolution PowerSports Magnum Quiet Can
View attachment 122686 View attachment 122687 View attachment 122688 View attachment 122689

Stock Sound Clip

Evo Magnum Sound Clip

Alpha Performance Silicone Charge Tubes White
View attachment 122690 View attachment 122691 View attachment 122692 View attachment 122693

The Nytro Ice Scratchers, are they part # SMA-ICESC-BK-00?

Was just talking to my dealer in Caribou ME,
He told me my RTX LE 50th is still not in. He said he expects it to Arrive in the next 2-3 weeks or so.

He did say that it will be shipped with the new updated rollers. I told him I already bought the H.D. Rollers from Turbo Dynamics, because not taking any chances with those supposed updated ones.

So it's getting exciting now...after all it's October and the days are shortening very quickly now!!

Just keep thinking guys...."Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper...Life gets better!!!" Lol!!!

Back