• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst

From Truckblog (it was an installation article, but some info is relevant:

With fuel economy being first and foremost on the minds of most Americans, it's easy to be caught up in the bolt-on modifications that claim to get better fuel mileage. When we added the Fitch Fuel Catalyst to Muscle Car Blog's Project "Pony Up", an 07 Ford Mustang GT, we found something that actually boosted our project vehicle's average highway mileage from 24 to 27 miles per gallon, which is outstanding for a high performance muscle car.

Also:

HorsePower TV did a dyno test with a new Chevy crate engine and the impact of a Fitch catalyst. The test had two objectives, one to see if it reduced fuel consumption, and two to see if you could run a lower grade of fuel with out sacrificing performance. They ran the baseline on the recommended premium fuel, 92, 0r 93 octane and pulls to 6,500 RPM. On premium fuel with the Fitch they made more power on less fuel. They then did pulls on mid grade, 89 octane. Power down and fuel consumption up @ 6500, then pulls with the Fitch catalyst and power and fuel consumption was pretty close to 93 baseline.

I'm neither here nor there, just some info to chew on....

I think it is time the naysayers put their money where there mouth is and do a legitimate controlled test to prove the product does not work. Your loss if you dont run them with less power and less gas mileage.

Gas powered leaf blower........no need for chord.....

I guess I will post my results since I have had the fitch fuel catalyst in both the phazer and apex this season. I have to say that I saw no real increase or decrease of any kind of signicant miles per gallon numbers. The phazer actually blew its engine, although the cause was not fuel related. On one ride the Apex got about 18 miles per gallon and the phazer 20 miles per gallon. This was more due to the fact that of how we were riding I believe. I got the catalysts at hay days for only 35$ so If I happened to come across them I would buy them again for my next sled just due to the fact they are cheap and cannot take away from performance or reliability from the sled. So I believe they will only have no effect or a positive effect on the gasoline and therefore they are worth the 35$. I should also say I do the mpg calculations in my head therefore I could have a slight mileage increase and not now about it.

I have had them in several sleds. Not for power or economy but to keep the fuel fresh which I believe it does. No gumming of the carbs and starts up fine at the beginning of the season. :die

I have been starting my sleds with the fitch fuel catalyst in them throughout the summer. They start as though I just got off the riding the sled. I now do believe they help preserve the fuel over long periods of time.

i would like to see an unbiased test on a dyno. someone that doesnt sell it, doesnt recieve advertising from it, someone who hasnt bought one and just wants to justifiy their purchase.

I just spent two hours reading this thread that spans over three years.
I know that it works, I don't know how for sure nor do I care how.
If it slows down the fuel from breaking down and gumming up everything, and helps high performance engines with some sort of octane boost, isn't it worth it?
Try it! its only 30 bucks!!
Those that want a refund when the don't get the results that they want, piss me off... what dollar figure do you have invested already? $30 to maybe make your $10000 machine work better is a safe bet.

After two years with the catalyst in my fuel tank. I can say that the sled will start right up and run like it has good gas in it no matter how long it has been sitting for. I start my sled once a month or so in summer and don't add fresh gas at all, although I do still add seafoam to the tank at the end of my riding year.

Overall I do think these fitch fuel catalyst do an excellent job preserving the fuel. They do not, or at least mine does not, increase fuel mileage.

tkuss said:
Overall I do think these fitch fuel catalyst do an excellent job preserving the fuel. They do not, or at least mine does not, increase fuel mileage.

x2 w/SEAFOAM ;)! its been 2yrs without any issues of bad GAS!

the thread that wont quit

I have not used the fitch for over 30years in all of my gas powered machines and have never had an issue so I will keep not using it. This thing is right up there with those 500$ electric heaters that are supose to cut your heating bill. Its just an electric heater!!

Back