• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Update Coming Fall-2016

I don't know how much of this is public info but I just got back from the Novi Snowmobile Expo and talked with one of the Yamaha tech people. I figure it was a public show so... as I understood him, a flash is coming in the next week or two. It is supposed to be the '17 mapping for all 14-17's whether AC or Yamaha ECU. It's is supposed to finally fix not only the starting issues but poor tune also. Also, I was told that the O2 sensor does nothing, never did, except throw a code when it went bad. The new flash is supposed to disable it from the ECM completely. I assume, this is why the aftermarket knew it wasn't needed.

Although the tech person held his cards close, I interpreted that their has been some arguing between manufactures regarding the Viper programming. Somewhere along the line, AC wanted Yamaha's tune but Yamaha didn't want to "give" it up. I assume again, it had something to do with their agreements and boiled down to the bean counters on both sides saying no.

Just more fuel for the fire...

I called my dealer Thursday. He said it's comming but no info yet. His mechanic goes to tech school the 8th so he should have more info for me then. They wanted to get a head start on them but Yamaha would not release any info.

I wonder how much the Yamaha dealership will charge to reflash my 15 XF 7000, I don't trust the Cat dealerships in my area. When I was looking for a viper / XF the bigger cat dealer tried to sell me a Ski Doo Ace 600. They told me "it will smoke any 4 stroke out there in a race." Comical, but scary at the same time; if they'll blatantly lie to sell a sled then what's the service department up
to behind closed doors?

I don't know how much of this is public info but I just got back from the Novi Snowmobile Expo and talked with one of the Yamaha tech people. I figure it was a public show so... as I understood him, a flash is coming in the next week or two. It is supposed to be the '17 mapping for all 14-17's whether AC or Yamaha ECU. It's is supposed to finally fix not only the starting issues but poor tune also. Also, I was told that the O2 sensor does nothing, never did, except throw a code when it went bad. The new flash is supposed to disable it from the ECM completely. I assume, this is why the aftermarket knew it wasn't needed.

Although the tech person held his cards close, I interpreted that their has been some arguing between manufactures regarding the Viper programming. Somewhere along the line, AC wanted Yamaha's tune but Yamaha didn't want to "give" it up. I assume again, it had something to do with their agreements and boiled down to the bean counters on both sides saying no.

Just more fuel for the fire...

I have also confirmed this as well.

So i guess the big qestion for me would be do I get the flash. I'm on the original program. Yes I've had a hot start. Idle does hunt +/- 100rpm. No kick backs as I have held the key till running. I also have an issue with Yamaha not giving their dealers a hard copy of the program. It's total horse #*$&@ that it has to be through the internet. I understand them not wanting someone to alter their mapping but we all know there are ways around that.

Sent from my SM-T817R4 using Tapatalk

Will Canadians get this right away?I hope so.

I wonder how much the Yamaha dealership will charge to reflash my 15 XF 7000, I don't trust the Cat dealerships in my area. When I was looking for a viper / XF the bigger cat dealer tried to sell me a Ski Doo Ace 600. They told me "it will smoke any 4 stroke out there in a race." Comical, but scary at the same time; if they'll blatantly lie to sell a sled then what's the service department up
to behind closed doors?

I not sure if the Yamaha dealer will be able to flash your ECU??? I thought they had different software or something along that lines, to prevent just that from happening.

It is about time..... VERY VERY good news for viper owner

I not sure if the Yamaha dealer will be able to flash your ECU??? I thought they had different software or something along that lines, to prevent just that from happening.
Flash would require access to Cat site since it's done over internet. So unless your Yamaha dealer is also cat it's a no go.

Any chance they will put some additional performance in the programming?

just a question IF THIS IS TRUE and does happen will I need to disconnect and remove pc5 before bringing it to dealer? Or can they flash the way it is!! ( no warranty left so no issues with that aspect!!)

How will we be notified? I don't have a lot of faith in my dealership to notify me.
I'm sure my dealer wont know anything about it.This will be a headache to get done for me most likely.I'll probably bring it out of town.

Back