• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Update Coming Fall-2016

just a question IF THIS IS TRUE and does happen will I need to disconnect and remove pc5 before bringing it to dealer? Or can they flash the way it is!! ( no warranty left so no issues with that aspect!!)
Just leave it on. They only take right side panel off and PCV won't effect flash. However a new map may need to be made if it's found that flash made changes in fuel or igmition.

Just leave it on. They only take right side panel off and PCV won't effect flash. However a new map may need to be made if it's found that flash made changes in fuel or igmition.

Will it be safe to use the autotune until we know if they made any fueling or timing changes?

just intake and exhaust/header

I'm doing my wife's sled as soon as they get the software, I'm going to wait for mine since it has the evo flash I don't want to loose power, and I doubt the new flash will have more power because if it did everyone without a clutch kit would have a problem.

How will we be notified? I don't have a lot of faith in my dealership to notify me.

The Novi Yamaha rep I talked to said to call my dealer in a few weeks. Give him the vin number.
He said the new cal is an open loop system. By passes the O2. And he said it will fix the engine kick back that was breaking the starters.

Did the rep say why after flash some sleds ran better or same and some barely made it to trailer?

No. He just said the new cal will be available in a few weeks.. He just explained that the new cal will fix the kick back that was breaking the starters and have way better idle quality. And that the new cal eliminates the O2 function all together.

No. He just said the new cal will be available in a few weeks.. He just explained that the new cal will fix the kick back that was breaking the starters and have way better idle quality. And that the new cal eliminates the O2 function all together.
We have a guy going to the update class today ... so we will find out tomorrow...but I really hope you are right !!!!

FWIW, my conversation with the Rep guy included a question asking if there could be some "production variance" on my sled that could cause its tune to be bad enough to start hard & foul plugs. He was almost adamant he didn't think so and pushed this new reflash most likely fixing all my issues.

On one side of the coin; I'm glad there is a reflash and hoping this is finally my sleds' fix.

On the other side of it though; The fact that some of these units are going on 3yrs old and the manufacturer is just now fessing up and putting out-of-pocket to resolve this major issue leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If I would have known I was buying a project instead of a product, I would have bought elsewhere. IMO, Yamaha has defined the purpose of their arrangement with AC and unfortunately it it is not what us Yamaha loyalists are used to.

I received notice, via e-mail from my dealer, yesterday for my 2014 XF7000. Current flash is working fine, but I'll get the update to keep the records current.

The flash is out at some dealers in Sweden and some guys gonna have it on monday. What I heard they don't remove the O2-sensor.

Back