• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FOUND - 3 Sno Scoot's - Thanks internet friends

YAMMER

Well today was a good day, with the hard work of the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s department all 3 of our stolen Scoots were recovered. They had some leads and must have been closing in on whoever took them because today they turned up pretty much unharmed. In the end we recovered almost everything including the trailer. The thieves did get away with a couple helmets, tool kits and a few spare belts out of another trailer in the same building the Scoots were stored in. Sadly they didn't catch the guy or get it all back but as of tonight they are all back. The Sheriff’s department kept us informed as to what was going on with the investigation every step of the way. They also encouraged us to continue to keep the online presence active telling us they thought it would eventually lead us to the thieves or the Scoots. I believe they finally figured out they couldn't sell them so they dumped them…
Thanks to all of you who looked at my posts, posted your own, followed the craigslist ads and told your friends. Chalk one up for the up for the power of the internet. :jump:

Attachments

• Recovered.JPG
    Recovered.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 464

I will definately keep my eyes open for these.. Hope we catch the dirt bags.. :die

I saw 3 scoots for sale in the Green Bay Area on Craigslist last week. I think it was 2 red ones and 1 black one. Don't know if this helps

Those C&A ski adapters were machined by us (Muffin Works)! If you can snap a pic of the ski mounts, I can verify our work.

I hope we can help catch them!

We got them from BullHeadMoto, sounds like we were some of the lucky ones to actually have gotten them. Here is the best pic of my set without snow. Thanks again.

WOW, the internet has amazed me with all the views I believe it would be hard for someone to get these sold or at least that is what my family is hoping for. Also, I added the IA Title - Reg and VIN information to my first post and included the phone number to the Sheriff's office.

Thanks TY, Todd

YAMMER said:
We got them from BullHeadMoto, sounds like we were some of the lucky ones to actually have gotten them. Here is the best pic of my set without snow. Thanks again.

Hey Yammer, Muffin Works might still have been the ones to make them ... I've spoken to others who were doing work for Bullheadmoto (Tony something or other) when he was pedaling his wares. Seems Bullhead wasn't actually doing the builds he claimed either. I know this because I once took a snosport of mine to get some custom work done, and when I showed him photos of the some of the stuff Bullhead was doing as examples of what I wanted done, the guy told me he was actaully the one who buit Bullhead's modded scoots, and that old Bullhead never paid him for any of his work. When he tried to hold one of the custom scoots as collateral for payment, he found out that Bullhead didn't even own the scoot (and so had to give it up to the rightful owner).

I know how hard it is to find a clean scoot or sport, and feel your frustration for having lost them ... People who pull this kind of crap have no regard for the loss that people like you (and I assume your kids) experience. I will print the information you posted and carry it with me when I ride, and if I ever see these scoots I'll drop you a line immediately. I hope you find them soon.

sorry but the 3 for sale on craigslist in the green bay area were mine I had a 1988, 89, and a 1990. 2 red ones and a black one.

Eyes wide open down here in Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area!!! What a bunch of f#@&ing losers these people are that stole these machines!!

Funny i was going to say i was pretty sure i seen some either on yoopers or GreenBay craigslist.
Thanks Dale

We are still looking for these Sno Scoots and with Hay Days this weekend I'll ask again if everyone could keep an eye out.

Straight from the Sno Baron's site is some good buyer information and here is the number to the Chisago County Sheriff office phone number (651) 257-4100.

If you spot these stolen sleds or any others you might notice the Sheriff's department is onsite throughout the event.
http://www.snobarons.com/swap.php

Tips for Spectators:
Buyers need to ensure that their purchases are not stolen or of questionable origin. You may be able to ask the Chisago County Sheriffs who are located around the grounds to verify that the serial number does not belong to a stolen vehicle. The Chisago County Sheriffs department will be spot checking sleds leaving the grounds

Buyers should also beware of giving a seller the full amount or putting down a large deposit in cash and leaving the site/seller to find a way to haul your purchase out. You may return to an empty spot.

Guns are not allowed on the event grounds.

Thanks again!

I am heading to HayDays tomorrow with the camper and will be sure to keep my eyes out for them.
PM me your cell # and I will keep it with me and call if I see them.

Back