• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fox float rear shock issue

skid-jpg.105995

Ok thanks. I'm new to the chassis and I'm still trying to figure out what I have. It's another education...

I would take his advice to call Fox. In my opinion its water/moisture you guys are dealing with and the sticking it causes. Could be in air chamber or shock itself. I also tend to believe that center shock gets a lot of water in it quickly. That's why I change the scraper in all I revalve. Helps but still not as good as the bronze scrapers with a small oring built into them.

It's the the 137". I picture myself as a crazy backcountry rider, but man I get stuck a lot! Seriously I'm just an aggressive trail rider 99% of the time. Coming from a stretched Nytro.

It's the the 137". I picture myself as a crazy backcountry rider, but man I get stuck a lot! Seriously I'm just an aggressive trail rider 99% of the time. Coming from a stretched Nytro.
Then yours is coupled like mine. Not like the skid shown.

Calling Fox sounds like the best option. I've owned a lot of their products and they've been very durable in my experience. The only time that I've had to have them look at a shock they were great. It was on my mountain bike. Different scale/application but good results.

The other thing I would suggest, is to lean on your dealer to give you a loner shock while it's being looked at. Surely they have a used parts bin!

Good luck!

Only problem is that center shock is not FOX. Knock off shock like previous ACT cat shocks. Similar to Fox but not the same.

Only problem is that center shock is not FOX. Knock off shock like previous ACT cat shocks. Similar to Fox but not the same.

So I am still not clear..does his skid have springs and shock or just shock like the MS.

Side story...I am not at your level of shock knowledge..but the Doo race skid is poor..in my opinion. in one area...so we worked with Fox and apparently a few others did also..so Fox came up with the centre shock designed to hold a very strong Fox ATV spring..they made only about 5 of them..that was couple year ago.

I also helped Fox buddy out with his 292 race effort..so that helped..

I must have Fox next year..have to start hiding some coin away..

The Canadian Fox distributor we got parts and shocks from ..is not doing Fox anymore.
Fox USA was not allowed to deal direct..I wonder if that has changed.

Ghostriders skid is just like the skid shown in pic. No rear springs uncoupled.
You can buy direct from Fox but its expensive. I am not a Fox dealer so I go through Carver for parts. Hygear is also a Fox dealer.

Thanks for all the reply guys. Anyone have an email address or phone number for fox?? I've never had so many issues with a snowmobile before. On a side note I went for a ride today And if I hold the rpms at 2600 it stumbles and missfires.

I thought we established that it isn't a Fox shock...

Back