• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fuel filter?

I have a 2010 vector with 17000km on it, is there a fuel filter that should be changed on this? what about spark plugs and valve adjustments, are they due yet?, Anything else I should look at, still original seals and bearings in chaincase, all other bearings have been changed. I hear of tons of horror stories with late model polaris needing fuel pick up socks and filter changes and burnt out pump because of not changing.

Filter is in the tank, with the pump.

I did plugs on my Apex at 7,000 miles. Didn't need it per say, it was running good, but more so just because. I will say, they were a bitch to get out after that long. All four were slightly seized into the head. Turned out VERY hard. I was concerned about breaking one or more. New ones got a liberal coat of anti-seize.

I also put new plugs in a used Vector I bought that had 7,300 miles on it when I got it. Again, for peace of of mind.

I think Yamaha's recommended valve lash inspection is 20,000 miles.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I replaced my spark plugs at 15,000 miles or so, and to be honest they did not need to be changed. They where in perfect condition I just did it, like Catman said, for peace of mind.

makes you wonder why fuel filters are such an important and frequently changed item on a polaris and yamahas never need to be looked at. Hear lots of storys of "black gunk" accumulating in the polaris's socks. Must be coming from the tank material itself. Oh well .

I wouldn't say never to be looked at.

The seat & tank can be off in less than 15 minutes, then pull out pump & filter and take a look see.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Back