• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel injector leak

Turboflash

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 ZR9000 Ltd. 137 - PEFI Stage 4
This week while doing my most recent 998 complete engine rebuild for a customer, while I was installing the fuel injector rail with the 3 fuel injectors, I noticed staining/dirt/debris around the several of the fuel injector holes in the throttle bodies. I could tell several of the injectors were leaking right around where they go into the throttle body. This was a TCat with about 7,000 miles on it (2017). Upon investigation, it seems the hard rubber washers at the base of the injectors had (apparently) shrunk to be thinner than when new. After tightening the fuel rail into place, the injectors were loose. The hard rubber sealing washers on each injector were not being compressed enough. I could tell fuel/intake had been leaking around the injector to the outside. I ended up shortening the standoffs that support the fuel rail by .035" so that when I tightened the rail down, the injectors were snug into the throttle body and there was slight compression on the sealing washers again.
I apologize for not taking some pics.
Just another thing to be on the lookout for as these 998s pile up some miles/years.

Back