• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas Leaking from Carb Drain Tube/ Fuel in Oil !

purl

My 2005 350 Bruin has developed an intermittent gas leak from the drain tube attached to the bottom of the carb bowl. I keep a container under the hose when the bike is parked. Sometimes after a week or so of not using the atv there is nothing in the container but other times I've had up to a cup of gas in there. Usually just a thimble full. Is this a drain hose or some sort of overflow. Seems strange to me an overflow tube would be at the lowest part of the carb on the bottom of the bowl.
Any thoughts on stopping the leak?

Just to add to the problem I'm sure I have fuel in the oil. I started the atv up and took it for a drive. Only 1/2 mile or so. Something didn't smell right so when I pulled the oil dipstick and smelled it, it smelled kinda like I have fuel in the oil. Glad I didn't drive too far. Any way to confirm fuel in the oil?
Not sure where to go from here?

usually I just smell the oil for gas.

as for the overflow, it sounds like the carb needs to be cleaned with care taken to make shure the float, needle and seat are in good shape. I have seen them start to stick when the carbs get dirty and it does what you describe. a cheat for now to see if it stop leaking would be to turn the gas off every time you park it until you have time to clean the carb.

my 05 is sitting out in the shelter atm with the gas still in the run position and as not ever leaked a drop to this date.

Thanks maim. I have the gas shut off now. Going to order a carb kit and change the oil before I start her up again. Never leaked for the the last 7 years. Just stated a few weeks ago

Back