• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gates Carbon Fiber belt, how long did mine last?

NOS-PRO

"The Burnman"
Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder, SR Viper XTX, SR Viper XTX, 2016 Apex XTX and Pro-Line Pro Stock 1000
20150927_200832.jpg
20160130_122043.jpg
I started using the Gates Carbon Fiber belt on my Viper while trying to achieve low engagement and better grip. Not only did I achieve those but I ran this belt in testing and trail riding 14-15 season, a full season of asphalt racing and a ton of on and off-trail with it finally letting go this past weekend while doing some catwalking. Trust me, I am hard on belts and this belt seemed like it lasted forever!

Gates say the belt will never blow and even tho it only delaminated a little bit, it did not blow and if I needed to run the belt to my next destination, I still could have.

Very happy with the Gates belt and now a new one is on. If I had on an 8DN, I would have gone thru 4-5 belts in this time. My clutches are spotless, shiny and work awesome.

Caution tho....if the belt starts to let go, you will see little carbon fiber fragments. Do not grab these with your bare fingers, they go in like a sliver.

Back