• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gauge Pod Replacement

SnoNinja

aka "Plan B"
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper LTX-LE
2016 Vector LE For my Bride
2007 Phazer GT, 136" Stretch.
2002 SXR600 (still own)
1997 SX600 (sold)
1997 XT500 (sold)
2013 Can-Am Maverick 1000XRS
2006 Dodge Charger RT - Top Banana Daytona
Got a bit of moisture in the gauge pod display and dealer will replace it under warranty, but wondering if mileage is stored in pod, or in ECU. Would think ECU, but dealer wasn't sure. Anyone know for sure?

Mileage is stored in the speedo cluster, hours is stored in the ECU.

I would think the dealer should be able to program in your current mileage.

Had mine replaced twice for moisture everything comes back but the miles. I heard some where that you can pop the lenses out? My third gauge i left in a bag with rice for two days then sealed it up been good for 2 years now.

Mine has had moisture in it a few times but always seams to be gone in a day or two just like the headlight . Its not a very good gauge enclosure that's for sure. I was thinking about taking it apart and water proofing the enclosure and circuit with conformal coating so I can keep my mileage. A new warranty pod would not be any better so better off just fix it.

Mine was bad from the factory but it too k almost 6 months for them to get a new one so when replace sled had 1500 miles but read 0 when I go it back but hours are correct and they cannot re-program them to match.

Back