• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Generation TTX

weldion

Expert
Website
www.weldion.org
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Grizzly 550 2014
My wife wanted a new sled for this season, so I gave her my Phazer MTX and bought myself a Nytro TTX.
The Nytro TTX is only sold in Scandinavia. The TTX is a XTX with Öhlins TTX suspension all the way around. All the magazines that have tested this sled celebrate the suspension.
I bought the sled slightly used. A 2013 with 1800 km (1100 miles), serviced twice, the steering relocator, flipped center suspension, steering bushings and some other stuff.

This is how it looked when I bought it:
20140807_151707_resized.jpg

Added the fourth wheel kit. Got a good price at the local sled store.

20140825_203907_resized.jpg

These will be nice on the trails! Many setup possibilities so they can be tuned exactly how you want them.

20140825_204537_resized.jpg

I built a sled shed for the Yamaha's during my summer vacation, so it's easy to go for a ride. It's a "drive thru" shed so I have doors on the both sides of the shed. The floor is made so the snow should fall down under the floor. No slippery floor and frozen track to the ground.

20140827_204146_resized.jpg

I added the Duraflex ice scratchers on both the Nytro and the Phazer. I had ordinary ice scratchers on the Phazer last season, but I forgot about them a couple of times while going in reverse, so they are history.

20140902_210716_resized.jpg

20140902_210731_resized.jpg

If you look closely, you'll see that I have the Dupont slides on the rails. I hope they work as good as they should!
I work at an industry there I have access to powder coating, so I powder everything that I want a different color on at the sled. I was thinking of painting everything black or orange but I left that theme and went for all black.
Changed the color on the wind shield with a little help of some black plastidip on the inside. Changed the color on the vent screens from white to black.

20140911_184926_resized.jpg

20140911_184938_resized.jpg

Powder coated also the foot hooks.

20140912_200249_resized.jpg

The local skidoo dealer was selling out all the spare parts they have left to Skidoo with 25% off, so I went there to get rear bumper from a Renegade BC.
I will publish a picture of that later on. It's black, got the mounting holes for a trailer hitch and I think it do look better than the original Nytro one.

This season I will also try the LED light on a sled instead of HID. I still got the HID light on the Phazer, so I equipped the Nytro with a couple of these:

0.jpeg

They look bright when running them in the sled shed, but I will see if they hold up out in the real life. If I'm disappointed I'll change to a couple of HID ones. But at least I'll try!
Now the sled is ready for the new season. We had snow at the 6th of June and this picture is from the 24th of September.

20140924_181818_resized.jpg

I'm really exited to have joined the Nytro family and will compare it to the Phazer. As I still have my old Phazer MTX in the family, I can jump back and forth between them at the same snow conditions.

I ordered the OFT tether with roll over valve for the Nytro. I plan to roll over a lot this season =)
Here in Sweden it cost about 250 USD and I think that is rather expensive, but all the reviews that I have been reading make me think it's worth it.

moto-rwjakesm.JPG

Here is the picture of the Renegade rear bumper. It fits pretty much bolt on for the Nytro. Some drilling was made thou.

20140927_181556_resized.jpg

I have also mounted the Ctek comfort panel just close to the speedometer for easy access to charging the battery.
The panel has three LED lights that indicate the status of the battery. Green, yellow and red. Just throw an eye on the indicator to see if it need to be charged.

20140927_181502_resized.jpg

Also got my self a new backpack for sledding for this season. The Osprey Kode 22 in Nitro Green (should be Nytro Green I guess).
I really like the stuff Osprey make. Have been riding with their backpacks from 2007 and me and the wife use their products. I'm not sponsored of them at all or anything, but I really like the quality and eye for detail that they have.
Kode has compartments for a water system, shovel, probe, saw and everything else that you need for a ride.
Check it out.

20140927_181252_resized.jpg

I ordered the OFT tether with roll over valve for the Nytro. I plan to roll over a lot this season =)
Here in Sweden it cost about 250 USD and I think that is rather expensive, but all the reviews that I have been reading make me think it's worth it.

moto-rwjakesm.JPG

Here is the picture of the Renegade rear bumper. It fits pretty much bolt on for the Nytro. Some drilling was made thou.

I have also mounted the Ctek comfort panel just close to the speedometer for easy access to charging the battery.
The panel has three LED lights that indicate the status of the battery. Green, yellow and red. Just throw an eye on the indicator to see if it need to be charged.

Also got my self a new backpack for sledding for this season. The Osprey Kode 22 in Nitro Green (should be Nytro Green I guess).
I really like the stuff Osprey make. Have been riding with their backpacks from 2007 and me and the wife use their products. I'm not sponsored of them at all or anything, but I really like the quality and eye for detail that they have.
Kode has compartments for a water system, shovel, probe, saw and everything else that you need for a ride.
Check it out.

[/

moto-rwjakesm.JPG

Check it out.

You are going to love your new ride!!!
Not sure if your sled has BC 1.75 track but if so you may not want to get back on the Phazer MTX.
Nytro needs to be driven aggressively...stand up ergos are awesome.
Push your bars as far forward as possible to allow you to climb forward on sled. Some owners go to a steering relocator kit, haven't yet but I am considering it.
Engine pulls strong....you will have a huge smile on your face!
When trails are rough just stand...point and squeeze the throttle.
Riding this sled is similar to a decent motocross bike.
If there is lots of snow where you live you may want to add an extended grab bar on front of sled with a flotation plate. The additional lift in the deep stuff is well worth the money.
The exhaust sound is addictive...enjoy. The Nytro is an awesome ride!!!

Yes, it has the BC 1.75 track. I'll have a try with that one and see if I'll keep it or try the Challanger 2".
I have the steering relocator already and I think I have a nice riding position on it.

I have no flotation plate but I have the bottom protection plate mounted already.
I also have some clutch candy mounted with lower engagement rpm.

I want my snow now!

Yes, it has the BC 1.75 track. I'll have a try with that one and see if I'll keep it or try the Challanger 2".
I have the steering relocator already and I think I have a nice riding position on it.

I have no flotation plate but I have the bottom protection plate mounted already.
I also have some clutch candy mounted with lower engagement rpm.

I want my snow now!

If you can...post a review of your first ride impression. Then look forward to the rest of the season as you learn to ride that sled. Your abilities and confidence will build with every ride.
Enjoy!!!

I bought my self some candy for the sled season today. A pair of Klim Keweenaw bib pants, a pair of yellow/black 509 Sinister X5 goggles and one extra lens to them.
Ordered two pairs of gloves from HMK to. A co-worker has just started his own buisness so I made an order thru him today.

Nice sled wish I had some of those TTX shocks although my GYTR's work quite well.

I bought my self some candy for the sled season today. A pair of Klim Keweenaw bib pants, a pair of yellow/black 509 Sinister X5 goggles and one extra lens to them.
Ordered two pairs of gloves from HMK to. A co-worker has just started his own buisness so I made an order thru him today.

Sounds good! Yellow tint lenses really help identify the bumps.
Haven't used any of the Klim products yet but I need a jacket. Should do a little shopping as well.
Enjoy the new gear!

Took the first spin with the sled today. It has been snowing pretty much today, so I tried it out at the backyard.
Woho!

I'm sitting here on my couch smiling at your wohoo! Can relate completely....enjoy!!!!

We have got us some more snow now, so I took the sled out for a spin. I tried the LED light out and I'm pleased what light output it has.
I will try it out more soon and see if I can recommend them to others. Feels stronger than the halogen thou.

We have got us some more snow now, so I took the sled out for a spin. I tried the LED light out and I'm pleased what light output it has.
I will try it out more soon and see if I can recommend them to others. Feels stronger than the halogen thou.

I've heard good and bad things about LEDs. I believe all the bad things have been addressed except maybe one: the ability to keep the lense clear when exposed to snowy conditions, snow dust and/or freezing rain due to the reduced heat load produced by the LEDs. It would be great if you could include your experience with this aspect once you get some time with them.

wha ae the part number for all the olhins shocks on your ttx, I would like to find these

Back