• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Get a tether, ROV didn't work?!?!

tnc110

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder BTX SE, SRXs
My buddy came out of a hole on his Sidewinder and when the sled stopped it landed on its side and some how the throttle got pinned. It ran wide open for probably 5 Seconds, by about 3 seconds it was pouring oil smoke out the exhaust. We let it sit for probably 10 minutes. Cranked it up and of course oil smoke was still pouring out the exhaust. Got codes 14 26 and 84. Tors was engaging. Got Tors issue fixed. Took a full quart of oil to get level back up. The smoke finally cleared up at idle he started to ride it, every time he would get on it it would smoke like crazy again and he said it didn't have any top end. After about twenty or thirty miles everything went back to normal.

We will both be getting tethers after this!

There have been some problems with the ROV,it sometimes snapes the spring device that activates it,when I hit the tree,and it spun around 180 degrees and flipped onto its side,i am not sure if it somehow shut itself off,or not,i was out cold,with a concussion,and walking in the wrong direction with one sneeker on and one off,but when friends got there,they flipped sled upright and restarted it,they did not run it long,but no smoke or oil showing,and I had a tether already installed,because we had been grass racing it,for two weeks. So this was first time seeing snow,and I was like a kid on crack when I got to just take it around backyard,and avoid running over Christmas decorations and crap,so I snapped the throttle,and she stuck WFO headed for the trees,and gusee what,this time the skis were straight up,and I just freaked,and held the brake for all it was worth,totally forgot I had the cord between my legs for crying out loud. Ya,if they are connected correctly to you,they work awesome.

My ROV worked perfectly! Crashed at 60 MPH near Cochrane hitting some whoops the groomer missed at a bridge. I went freakin' flying and rag-dolled down the trail for 100s of feet. Sled flipped and landed facing other direction 15' off trail in powder. I had no idea where sled was after I came to.

Found it like this!
20170301_134609-800x450.jpg

If it sits on the right side its ok, if it sits on the left side it can suck oil into the intake. Probably take awhile to run all the oil through the engine out of intake so it will smoke.

Just an update. I was told but dealer that the rov is designed to work only if engine is off. Tether waiting to be installed.

Back