• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Getting spark to only one cylinder

Right but I was expecting the opposite. So start pulling fuses till no voltage is shown. Whatever circuit that is. Is where draw is. None of this proves whether new ECU is good or bad. Just proves you have a draw.
But why would one show voltage being drawn and one not?

Showed voltage when i pulled each fuse except the main (40A) fuse. Dropped to 0 volts then.

How are you measuring for parasitic draw? I thought to measure draw you had to put your multimeter in series with your system and check how much current you were drawing.

As cannondale said earlier, disconnect negative terminal, and have one lead on the terminal, and another lead from the meter on the negative battery wire.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-20-16-44-46[1].png
    Screenshot_2015-02-20-16-44-46[1].png
    208.9 KB · Views: 148
test the ignition coil with multimeter

Tested both coils, they were in spec. Haven't had a chance to work on it, going to try to order the ground block upgrade deal this week.

Great read. I just picked up an 08 MP with the same issue but I am getting code 33 showing which is an open circuit on coil #1. I haven't gotten as far as you yet with respect to finding a current draw or not but hoping you found your issue. If you have, can you give us all an update? it may certainly help me in my troubleshooting.
Thanks in advance.

Great read. I just picked up an 08 MP with the same issue but I am getting code 33 showing which is an open circuit on coil #1. I haven't gotten as far as you yet with respect to finding a current draw or not but hoping you found your issue. If you have, can you give us all an update? it may certainly help me in my troubleshooting.
Thanks in advance.

The sled sat in that condition since 2015. I ended up purchasing the sled from Henks, and am now starting to dig into it again. The battery is as dead as can be, wont even hold any charge at all so I am stuck until I get the new battery on Thursday. I also ordered the grounding block update harness as that has not been completed on this machine. I'll letcha know what I find, but I assume that you've figured it out on your sled since that post was from 3 months ago. If so, what was the culprit on yours?

Back