• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Good video about Yamaha future.

Yes sir, ""ALL IS WELL""!!!!!

Voodoo you are clearly not happy with the direction of yamahas snowmobile division has taken. As evidence by your sarcasm in this post and very vocal displeasure in others. Things have been very negative around here and I'm am simply showing the positive with Yamaha. I know your a long term member as well am I. I truly love Yamaha and am not happy with some of the quirks also with the new generation. But let's face facts they all have quirks, true Yamaha or not. Have you put some seat time in on a new one? And I don't mean a 5" demo? All you hear here is the problems cause that's what we're here to fix. But for most part they are flawless. There are thousands of trouble free sleds to every couple of trouble ones. We don't junk them all cause one is bad. I'm sorry you can't get your pure Yamaha. We are here to express our opinions we just have to keep them in reason and remember we are here to make them better. Thanks

The Viper and Sidewinder are good sleds, however the co-branding only works for so long and only on a few models without starting to lose your identity. The Yamaha snowmobile division is almost like a start-up right now and it's going to take time to rebuild it.

I know the "purists" won't like to hear this, but Japan is out of the sled business. They are pushing a few legacy models out of the factories for this model year, but I don't think you will ever see another all new sled coming out of the Japanese factory. Yamaha Motor North America does have a large factory in Newnan, GA that builds ATVs, Side by Sides, Golf Carts, etc. If Yamaha builds their own sleds again they most certainly will come from their North American factory.

I think for the short term (think the next few years) we will see mostly a line-up of AC partnership models. There is a possibility that Yamaha might try building their own Phazer replacement soon and using that model as a stepping stone for growing upwards. There has to be a reason they have not replaced the Phazer with a ProCross yet. That would be a good market for them.

Voodoo you are clearly not happy with the direction of yamahas snowmobile division has taken. As evidence by your sarcasm in this post and very vocal displeasure in others. Things have been very negative around here and I'm am simply showing the positive with Yamaha. I know your a long term member as well am I. I truly love Yamaha and am not happy with some of the quirks also with the new generation. But let's face facts they all have quirks, true Yamaha or not. Have you put some seat time in on a new one? And I don't mean a 5" demo? All you hear here is the problems cause that's what we're here to fix. But for most part they are flawless. There are thousands of trouble free sleds to every couple of trouble ones. We don't junk them all cause one is bad. I'm sorry you can't get your pure Yamaha. We are here to express our opinions we just have to keep them in reason and remember we are here to make them better. Thanks
No, I am not happy with the direction they are going! Do I understand the reason they went in this direction, ""ABSOLUTELY"" I do. Being a CNC machinist all my life I love the fact that my Attak is way over engineered and the fit and finish is beyond compare. 16,400 miles and she still looks new and runs like a swiss watch! I had a long history with Cat, started riding in 92 on a 88 Wildcat and bled green until 08 when I bought my Attak gt. and haven't looked back. In those 16 yrs. of riding cats I bought 8 sleds for my wife or I. ZRT, ZR's and Firecat's. a few great, most good and some total ""POS""!! Trust me, you remember the ones that were total garbage over the rest. There in lies ""MY"" and mine alone problem with the AC joint venture! To be fair, I have ""NO"" seat time on a Viper or Sidewinder other than in March of 13 I went up to Old Forge NY. to demo the 14 prototype Viper. I was not impressed. However my riding partner who is a bleed green or nothing cat guy has a 2012 XF lxr turbo 141. He bought the sled brand new in the fall of 11. I have a good amount of seat time on his sled, handle's great, rides good and haul's the mail with authority. We do all the preseason maintenance on both our sleds every fall in my garage. So I'm familiar with the Pro-Cross chassis and all it's issues and quirks. I don't expect a new sled every year from Yamaha, but since the cross plane engine came out in the R1 a few yrs. back and with the 50th. coming up I figured I'd hold off till 18 for a new sled. Ideally I was hoping for an updated Apex/LTX. A sled Redline'ish with the 4cyl. cross plane engine, 180ish hp., tube frame, carbon fiber tunnel, updated front and rear suspension and a gauge pod with all the bells and whistles. 20 grand sled you say! Where do I sign!;)! But with the release of the Sidewinder last year I knew my dream sled was not to be. If I have offended anyone with any of my post's or comment's I'm truly sorry and I would never bash anyone over there sled of choice (Well except maybe a Doo or Poo):rofl: LOL. I am very passionate about sledding and Yamaha sleds. With the knowledge and deep pockets at Yamaha's disposal. I know they could build a sled light years ahead of the competition! Built in Japan or Georgia, I don't care just as long as it's built by ""YAMAHA""!!! Remember risk equals reward and chance favors the bold!! Sorry for the long post/rant. :yam: