• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gps options?

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
hello what's everyone using for gps options and mounts i couldn't find anything recent on this ? Thanks

Garmin Nuvi 55 in a water resistant soft case (from a company in Britain). RAM mount clamped onto my left handlebar. Easy to operate even with gloves. Hardwired (fused) with Garmin power supply cable.

Garmin Nuvi 55 in a water resistant soft case (from a company in Britain). RAM mount clamped onto my left handlebar. Easy to operate even with gloves. Hardwired (fused) with Garmin power supply cable.
I didn't know you could get the trails on the nuvi I have a nuvi55 for my car that I use

Garmin zumo with VV mapping

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Garmin zumo with VV mapping

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Contact VV Mapping. Best out there IMO. Note that the Nuvi series are NOT waterproof, hence the use of a case. When I started using the Nuvi 55, there was only one company (in GB) that made a case for a 5" screen....and it took a RAM mount! It was cheap (IMO)...something like $35 shipped. I've used it going on 3 years with no issue. It's VERY durable......it was designed and marketed for motorcycles.

Found it: http://www.semsons.com/gnmohamocafo.html
I have the version with a little hood on top. Keeps the snow off of the screen.

IMG_8457.JPG
Garmin nuvi 255 (I think). I use a ram mount on a lake effect riser. I don't have a water proff case but I have rode in the rain, tons of powder and have had it covered in snow. I went on eBay and bought 2 ($20 each) of them just in case the snow broke one. It's been 4 years now with no issues. I have VV mapping maps. They are great.

Garmin Montana 600 series with VVMapping, using RAM Mounts

I have a Zumo 660 with Redpine maps. They have NY trails, they're pretty accurate. The Zumo is a motorcycle gps, so it's waterproof. It never froze up in really cold weather. I made my own mount, to work with the garmin quick release.

Garmin Montana 600 series with VVMapping, using RAM Mounts

X2. And it's my understanding that VV Mapping will work with any Garmin GPS. Can be installed on GPS via SD card or with Garmin's Base Camp application (free).

Anyone in ny have mapping on a gps looking to make a decision between red pine, backwoods , and trail masters

Magellan 610 handheld is mounted with a RAM mount. Use this unit because it has built in North America mapping that includes most of the snow trails here in Manitoba. The other big reason I use this unit is because it is one of the few units out there that has the ability to use Navionics map for my ice fishing expeditions.

Back