• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hand warmers

dylanjen9

Expert
I just got a set of hand warmers for the 120. They come in a kit that has new grips and wires that plug into a plug by engine. No splicing at all! They don't get as hot as I would like but they will help. They are actually a arctic cat factory part so any dealer can get them or they are like $50 on the internet. Yamaha does not make them but for those that don't know the Yamaha 120 and the arctic cat 120 are the same.

Yeah, I got a set installed immediately before pick up. You're right, they're not hot but when Ive felt them from time to time they were slightly warm. Better than a cold set of bars! Is the kit you got from Yamaha or an aftermarket kit? The kit @ Yamaha was $50.00, cant say much about the install as the dealer whipped them on for free.

I just got a set of hand warmers for the 120. They come in a kit that has new grips and wires that plug into a plug by engine. No splicing at all! They don't get as hot as I would like but they will help. They are actually a arctic cat factory part so any dealer can get them or they are like $50 on the internet. Yamaha does not make them but for those that don't know the Yamaha 120 and the arctic cat 120 are the same.

Yamaha accessory price $54.95, Cat accessory price $89.95 in my part of the world.

I bought several pair of grip warmers on e-bay from china for literally $3.50 including shipping, installed them on 120's and little quads. They usually come with heating elements and large shrink wrap, you install them over factory grips, come with hi/low switch, wiring. No thump warmer though but kids don't even notice.

I used a set off of ebay. They were 6$, free shipping. They are the type that wrap over top of the bars, then are heatshrinked into place. Given they dont have to heat up through the steel bars, they are very low wattage. They use them on scooters I think. Bought a few of them cause they were so cheap, been just awesome so far!

I think anyone using regular grips should put in a LED bulb in the headlight to ease up on the stator. Just my 2c.

WP_20160127_002.jpg

Back