• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handwarmers

mtuyamaha

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Phazer MTX 151
81' enticer 300 twin special
75' Scorpion 440 Whip
I am trying to find some replacement hand warmers for my 07 mtx and need some advice. I took off the old hand grips that have the warmers built into the grips and cut the wires leading into the grips. I have new grips that I want to install but need to find some warmers to put underneath the grips. Is it possible to put on some 2009 phazer underlays and just wire them up with the old wires? Even possibly some aftermarket warmers off of amazon?

I installed RSI "underlays" on mine after one of the factory ones fried. I wired it up using one of the 2 circuits and it works just good enough to keep my hands warm at -10*f, stock underlays were only good to about +10*f. If you really want heat you can wire both circuits but that really puts a load on system and honestly I don't want that much power flowing through the instrument panel. A lot of people have done both circuits and not had issues but your going from the factory ~25w to over 60w by doing that. One circuit on the RSI warmers will draw ~32w

So using only one of the leads will draw 32w but using both stock leads will draw over 60? So just wire both of the new warmers into a parallel circuit with either the left or the right "original" handwarmer + and - ?

I'm in the same boat... by the looks of it, you can just wire the handwarmers that stick down to the factory wiring. I would go with the RSI warmers and look into a Yamaheater. Had one on my Nytro and it was absolutely awesome.

One more thing to add... the reason I think it can be done is, you can buy 08+ phazer bars with the elements already on and they plug and play with the 07 wiring harness. Although I haven't looked at mine yet, you should be able to unplug the 07 grips at the harness and plug in stock elements or wire in pigtail to RSI elements.

Back