• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hauck Speed Sheave

-----Some good posts-87gtNOS---

But what i'm seeing is that the belt is about 1/2 down from the top and that is about where the clutch COIL BINDS, Can't close up any more because of it. Is this apex clutch a little differant then previous years ????

APEXER1 said:
-----Some good posts-87gtNOS---

But what i'm seeing is that the belt is about 1/2 down from the top and that is about where the clutch COIL BINDS, Can't close up any more because of it. Is this apex clutch a little differant then previous years ????

Thank you.

Very interesting...I will pull my belt off this afternoon and give her a few shots of gas, just enough to make it shift all the way to see if it does!!

I am not sure on the Yammy installed spring length?? Then we can determin, by subtracting the belt width(around 35mm) and know the shifted length, then calculated how thick the spring is and #number of coils to see if it binds...I have all the Arctic Cat springs written down and true specs on a spring tester for installed length and compressed length. The spring manufacturers don't give you this 'proper' info!

After reading through 87gtNOS posts he and I are in agreement. I say the speed sheave is useless. He says you need to run a distance longer then 2000 feet to get your primary to full shift.

If he is correct then he proves my theory for me. If you need a distance that long how will you ever be able to utilize the full shift potential of the speed sheave??????

87gtNOS

Do you think you can reach the 5% OD without machining the helix?

Wouldn't it be great if our sleds had a jackshaft sensor so you could hit the mode button on the pod and switch to jackshaft RPM in the digital readout. I know this can be accomplished with some of the current EGT gauges but it sure would be nice on a stock hi-perf. sled.

Stock we have near 5% overdrive....so yes, it is possible.

Yes, sure would be nice if they outfitted them guages with more features!! Why no coolant temp gauge?? Or outside temp?? LOL!!

Back