• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Have you guys heard this news about Arctic Cat?

I'm actually pretty impressed by that video. Rob is 200# without gear. With gear that's another 15-20#. Sure the snow might not be super deep in this video but when he turns back look at the track he made. That sled is staying on top of the snow the entire time which is key for a sled with only 65hp. The less it drags the further it will go. I could see this being an awesome sled in the UP. I think they are going to sell.

I saw some old Scorpions ripping around on the trail today. Of course I live 6 miles from the old factory!
Snorunner, Good to see someone else from Deerwood on here. My father worked at Scorpion. Thinking about picking up another Sidewinder, Scorpion that is. Cat/Scorpion, Cat/Yamaha.

I'm actually pretty impressed by that video. Rob is 200# without gear. With gear that's another 15-20#. Sure the snow might not be super deep in this video but when he turns back look at the track he made. That sled is staying on top of the snow the entire time which is key for a sled with only 65hp. The less it drags the further it will go. I could see this being an awesome sled in the UP. I think they are going to sell.
I agree! Too much power in the wrong hands means work! lol! And, it's not weight, it's flotation. The track near the sidewinder is from an SWT Skandic, with the 800 4 stroke...well over 700 pounds, creeping around in low range, kinda like an old elan.
2020-01-02 13.03.21.jpg

Question is... will Yamaha have it in their lineup? or their repowered version of it? Hmmm
I was talking to my dealer about the Blast, and asked whether Yamaha would have it in their 2021 lineup. He seemed certain that Yamaha will have rebadged Blast models in the lineup, and said Yamaha was very unhappy that Cat did the early release. Of course, after he said that, he qualified it by saying that Yamaha doesn't tell the dealers anything, and he gets more information from other sources. Anyway, if Yamaha has a long track "Blast" in its lineup, I will be standing in line, even if it is a Cat 2-stroke.

Yamaha might have it in their line up but Yamaha and Cat always seem to trade off one thing for another according to their agreement, so I wonder what the trade off will be for Yamaha to use the Blast in their line up? maybe where Cat is using Yamaha's 998 in there sport SXS, Hmmm

I was talking to my dealer about the Blast, and asked whether Yamaha would have it in their 2021 lineup. He seemed certain that Yamaha will have rebadged Blast models in the lineup, and said Yamaha was very unhappy that Cat did the early release. Of course, after he said that, he qualified it by saying that Yamaha doesn't tell the dealers anything, and he gets more information from other sources. Anyway, if Yamaha has a long track "Blast" in its lineup, I will be standing in line, even if it is a Cat 2-stroke.
I don't understand why Yamaha would be unhappy about the early release? Arctic Cat has always released their new sleds before Yamaha has. It really doesn't matter if its a couple weeks or a couple months. Plus from my point of view is cat is basically in control of Yamaha sleds. The only thing Yamaha has control over is the engine which is pretty small part of it when you look at a sled overall. If Yamaha is unhappy about the early release then maybe they should come out with SOMETHING OF THEIR OWN!

well yamaha has designed 2 new chassis and layed out the patent look for yourself,its just when they finish testing..may be a few years yet depending on how many snags they hit!!!

well yamaha has designed 2 new chassis and layed out the patent look for yourself,its just when they finish testing..may be a few years yet depending on how many snags they hit!!!
Well, *IF* that is true, they better get their butts in gear or they'll be out-dated before they even hit the snow.

I don't understand why Yamaha would be unhappy about the early release? Arctic Cat has always released their new sleds before Yamaha has. It really doesn't matter if its a couple weeks or a couple months. Plus from my point of view is cat is basically in control of Yamaha sleds. The only thing Yamaha has control over is the engine which is pretty small part of it when you look at a sled overall. If Yamaha is unhappy about the early release then maybe they should come out with SOMETHING OF THEIR OWN!
Like I said, he acknowledged that he did not have any direct information from Yamaha, and everything was from other sources (unidentified!) That having been said, the Blast reveal did get quite a bit of press in the industry and on the boards. To the extent that the early press and discussion is beneficial to future sales, Yamaha missed out on that. On the other hand, the few remaining Yamaha faithful are breathlessly waiting to see what Yamaha does with the Blast chassis. I think a lot of us want to see a new lightweight 4-stroke in it, but the reality is that it probably will be a re-badged Arctic Cat with the same 2-stroke power. Even if it is just a Cat with different graphics, I am going to seriously consider buying the long track version.

Snorunner, Good to see someone else from Deerwood on here. My father worked at Scorpion. Thinking about picking up another Sidewinder, Scorpion that is. Cat/Scorpion, Cat/Yamaha.

Lol! Steltski. I have only been in Deerwood 7 years. But every year my Wife and I make it a point to ride over to the Scorpion Homecoming on Serpent Lake. Although this year I would not cross any lake. Maybe Yamaha will stuff the Phazer 4 Stroke motor in a Blast chassis. We can only dream.

Lol! Steltski. I have only been in Deerwood 7 years. But every year my Wife and I make it a point to ride over to the Scorpion Homecoming on Serpent Lake. Although this year I would not cross any lake. Maybe Yamaha will stuff the Phazer 4 Stroke motor in a Blast chassis. We can only dream.

Central MN here too. East Gull Lake.

Central MN here too. East Gull Lake.

mysledblows: Thanks for the reply. I am a transplant from the Twin Cities 23 years. Before that I grew up in the Swamp. D.C. suburbs. Where I met my Wife. She made the mistake of bringing me to Northern Minnesota to meet her relatives. In 1982. For Christmas and New Years. I used to ride Motorcross. I immediately told her relatives I wanted to ride a Snowmobile. Her Uncles immediately said there is not enough Snow. I told them that 1200 miles traveled told me that I had to try it. Went to Bar Harbor so with 4 inches of Snow off we went with a new Ski Doo Rental. Lake was schetchy. Hit the trails. Got back and hit the bar for dinner. Saw headlights coming across the lake out the window. Bunch of sleds pulled up outside. They came in and filled up 2 booths with their gear. When I got back to the swamp I told my buddies. That they had Snowmobile gangs in Minnesota. Lol! Have been hooked ever since. Our Sport offers so much freedom to see things that we would never see otherwise. Happy Trails! 2 years ago I took my youngest Son up to Grand Portage MN. We rode up to Partridge Falls. He was in awe by the sight of the Of the Frozen Falls. And the fact of the sight of the Canadian border. We saw a Helicopter land and take off. They told us they were tracking Moose. And had just tranqualized one. They took off on a pack of sleds. To evaluate.

Last edited:

Back