• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Haven't heard any talk about head to head races against the 850 etec

Just want to make sure. You mean 1.25" of threads showing?

No! Back off spring to 0 spring compression then compress spring 1.25 from that point. This will have quite a bit of spring tension but will make the front end feel lite and be great for transfer and big bumps.

Sled looks Great! Did you reinforce the tunnel for the linQ system?

Just got back from trip from dist 9 Markdale area. Rode over 500 miles with my 137 LE winder and 2 guys with Doo's. 1 16 renegade X 800 and 1 17 renegade X 850. After the first 100 miles for break in and time for the belt to cure/ break in I let the hammer drop.
The winder crushed both doo's. From start to finish. Raced from dead stop and rolling serval times and the winder was fastest in 500ft or less every time.
7 Back to back 1/2 mile runs and the clutches/ belt was barely warm.

Trail riding: after the first 100 mile day I knew it needed some major adjustments to be able to corner and hang with the doo's.
After making the adjustments the winder out cornered and rode better than both doo's by far.

Yes the 850 felt lighter and was snappy but in the end after adjustments the Winder just plane beat it on the track and the trails.

Don it sounds like you are really impressed with the SW. So far I'm loving the one you sold me. I'm very pleased and a bit surprised at how well it rides and handles and the power is unreal. I only have a couple hundred miles on but so far I'm impressed. Wait till Dan hears what you think of it. He will be down from Muskoka with his trailer. Oh BTW is that my sled in the back ground in your avatar?

View attachment 125100

I went over Sled first checking clamps, bolts, fluids, cable adjustments, etc.

Adjustments made for 225lb rider and gear.

1) Sled is all stock except C&A 6.5 ski's with slim Jim Dooly's & side fine, custom 4th wheel kit, 192 1.325 studs, BRP 8" adjustable bar riser, OSP secondary clutch adjuster and misc window and touring bags.

2) front shocks set at 0 spring tension, #1 on Compression and middle/stock rebound.

3) middle shock spring 1.25" spring compression and # 2 on Comp/damp.

4) rear springs set at 2 on cam adjuster.

5) rear shock # 2 on comp and stock/ middle damp.

6) removed adjuster blocks but left shaft on flat spot for transfer.
Your sled looks great. Is that a Ridelite or auxiliary LEDs upfront by the reflector?

Can you explain the front skid shock setting again or differently. Are you saying you suspend skid, loosen spring until loose, then crank tight by 1 1/4"? My sled steers very light but want more transfer.
Thanks
Jack

I have a B-TX with the 1.75" track, & I love it! It hooks up & checks out like a rocket! Unless you're going to be riding off trail/mountains all the time, I would encourage you to make the change.
Thanks I think I'm gonna swap if I find a takeoff for less than $600 new price I loved mine on my nytro does you sled transfer and launch from a stop on trail because mine won't just spins for days even easy on the throttle.

Yes they work great. I think I will pull the ski tip up a position the next time out to see the results. But they worked great in all conditions on and off the hard pack.

FWIW, I ran the C and A RZ on my XTX this weekend, and I can't wait to get them off. It was incredibly hard to turn the handlebars in everything except powder conditions, and I'm not a small guy. I tried backing off the ski pressure by reducing pressure in the front shocks, and adding pressure in the middle shock. I think its the full length square keel combined wiwth the extra engine weight of the 4 stroke over the skis that makes this particular ski hard to turn. Some of the other models look like they reduce or taper the keep towards the front of the ski.

Yes they work great. I think I will pull the ski tip up a position the next time out to see the results. But they worked great in all conditions on and off the hard pack.

Thanks!
Do you feel any heavy steering or darting on trails?

No! Back off spring to 0 spring compression then compress spring 1.25 from that point. This will have quite a bit of spring tension but will make the front end feel lite and be great for transfer and big bumps.
Thanks!

Thanks I think I'm gonna swap if I find a takeoff for less than $600 new price I loved mine on my nytro does you sled transfer and launch from a stop on trail because mine won't just spins for days even easy on the throttle.

It transfers & launches unlike any sled I've ever ridden! It hooks up so good most of the time, that it's hard to hang on! You won't be disappointed. Lol

View attachment 125100

1) Sled is all stock except C&A 6.5 ski's with slim Jim Dooly's & side fine, custom 4th wheel kit, 192 1.325 studs, BRP 8" adjustable bar riser, OSP secondary clutch adjuster and misc window and touring bags.

2) front shocks set at 0 spring tension, #1 on Compression and middle/stock rebound.

what custom 4th wheel kit ?

View attachment 125100

How much higher is that windshield than the stock one ?
I was out riding yesterday , and was cold and fogging up , switched over to my Apex XTX , and noticed the big difference , and no fogging up .

IMG_6274.PNG
How much higher is that windshield than the stock one ?
I was out riding yesterday , and was cold and fogging up , switched over to my Apex XTX , and noticed the big difference , and no fogging up .

Attachments

• IMG_6275.PNG
    IMG_6275.PNG
    202.1 KB · Views: 157
Supertrax blowing skidoo in the article not worth the read but this guys response is money!

Back