• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Header install. Do I need to do computer work?

yamaha247365

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09' FX Nytro
Adding a header to my 09 FX Nytro. Do I need to mess with the computer? Or get a programer?

Need more info...what header, what other mods? A header on its own you should be fine. A header with air box mod or filters you'll need to adjust fuel...easiest way is with a controller...power commander 3 or 5.

EVO can mod your stock ecu but imo that's a bad way to go as there's no going back to stock

Header alone won't change the flow rate thru the system nor really do anything for you without supporting mods, you should be fine with stock mapping.

My brother ran an excell header and a hollowed out stock muffler for about 5000kms with no fuel controller last year, never had a problem. Fuel controller is the proper way to do it tho.

How come you are putting the excell header on? I dont think the header alone will add any hp without a fuel controller and muffler. Maybe 1-2 hp. Youd be better off spending that money on a clutch kit or k and ns.

I got one of there headers to make an under tunnel exhaust. I just wanted to know if I needed it. I will be getting an after market muffler and I have a modified intake and a power commander V on the way. Thanks for the responses. I decided that if I keep this sled long enough to save me from buying another new one, I'll throw a couple bucks at my current sled and run it longer. Probably going to get with Schmidtbros for some clutching.

Back