• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Headlights

jakehayamaha

Extreme
So what's everybody using for lights now days? Had a hid kit but wire harness got hot and burnt. Sounds like hids are obsolete now. LEDS are the way to go??

Love my hids 9300kms never have missed a beat

I too love my HIDs from Rock. Now that I have the updated headlight housing they are even better now that I can use both Low and Hi Beams for night riding! Over 5,200 miles on my HIDs.

Hid Rocks kit in headlight and Trailtech auxiliary Eclipse Hid. My sled in front and a stock 16 Cat in back. Hid rocks!
IMG_0456.JPG

ad3c15f58f7db1662b9318b77068e98c.jpg

Love my led lights... Makes a hell of a difference... I need to aim slightly but other than that... Might look into this updated housing for next year.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Rocks HID kit all the way.
X2 on Rock's kit, LED's are good but they don't throw the light far enough down the trail. HID's much better at that. Rocks kit is real plug and play. It took me 55 min's to wire up my Vectors and 30 min's were getting the machine apart and the old stuff out!

Hid Rocks kit in headlight and Trailtech auxiliary Eclipse Hid. My sled in front and a stock 16 Cat in back. Hid rocks!
View attachment 126653

That picture right there sums it right up on the HIDs! Amazing how much light they throw. Make night riding so much more enjoyable when you can see!

So why is this guy telling me Hids have gone by the wayside? I got mine 2-1/2 yrs ago and he said he hasn't sold any in 2 years. Maybe cuz his kit is junk?? I really liked them til they quit on me. Should've went with Rocks kit I guess...

So why is this guy telling me Hids have gone by the wayside? I got mine 2-1/2 yrs ago and he said he hasn't sold any in 2 years. Maybe cuz his kit is junk?? I really liked them til they quit on me. Should've went with Rocks kit I guess...

Agree, you should have went with Rock with his HIDs. He stands by his product too, but I've never had an issue and totally love them.

Well he's sending me the new harness so I'll put it back together when I get it and try again.. gonna put the stockers back in til I get it... that's gonna suck but trails will be done here by Monday.

LED's have come a long way but they just dont have the reach of HID's. Run them on all my vipers new and even the old sx viper. I started the season with my wife running LED's and mine HID's. Well the LED's didnt even compare so the wife got HID's also. Roc's kit is the best!!!!!

Leds are great if the housing was built for leds...but its not hids by far out drive drop in leds.

Back