• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heated Footrails On The Mountain Lite And They Work Great

Hey phzmtnlite I am so glad I took the time to do the project on the footrails. I love his sled and it was worth it. The bag on the back is a tank bag from my brothers Arctic Cat Thunder Cat it has a ton of room in it. Can't wait to see the Yamaha guys doing demo tour they were interested in last year when I told them about doing it.

Forgot to mention that I have almost 1000 miles on project and no issues. Bounced off a few stumps and hard ice chunks and no damage. My buddy on his Ski Doo can not believe the difference it makes. Makes his sled look like the Phazer of old.

Attachments

• IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 445

I found some heat exchangers and am going to get them next week. Gonna have to fabricate them but not a big deal. I remember that before you did the heat exchanger thing, you built the exhaust box on top of the tunnel, that did nit solve it 100%, right?

Hey phzmtnlite it cured 75% of the issue. My buddies Rage running boards convinced me that this would be the total cure. General riding with enclosure around exhaust is fine. But if you bust major deep powder the heat exchangers are a must. Good luck let me and others know how it goes with some pictures to. ;)!

Rob, I just got my heat exchangers today from ebay, 19.98 plus shipping. I was considering a simple fix before I tear machine down for this fabrication. What I am planning is this: take seat and tank off, build sheild over exhaust similar to del box chassie and new apex and similar. This fx is one of a kind. In other words, if you were to take off the heat exchangers off your buddies rage, would he ice up? you know what I mean? Lenny

Well it's the start of a new season so I thought an update on this project was necessary. Last year was a cold year in these parts considering I work outside. The sled only had 1,300 miles put on her last year and am happy to report no issues with the project. I hit a few hard things on the running boards and no damage or dents.

If you have read the complete thread the radiator and fan have been removed. No overheating issues or heat light on the dash came on at anytime of the season. All types of conditions were riden in bare roads, hard packed snow, extreme cold and finally 50 degree temps at the end. Definitely am glad this project was done and the results are proven.

Good luck to those who want to take this project on let me know if you need any more info. Happy bush riding with no snow running boards build up.

Update

WOW I can't tell you how much I miss my sled, it's in getting the reverse fixed. We got pounded with 30" of snow and the dealer gave me a 08 Phazer GT rental to tie me over. The snow and ice build up is bad with the with the tunnel open and no heat exchangers on the running boards. Cinderella sing's a song Don't Know What You've Got (Till It's Gone).

Thanks to my dealer to give me something to beat on until mine is fixed. The projects where definetely worth it, some times we just need a reminder.

Hey GTO3235 I ride the bush hard running over stumps , trees, hard hits and no damage yet. I will take photos after the season and record milage since install to show durability. Next time you see the 3 & 4 cylinders sleds minus the new Nytro they have exchangers under them and look how wimpy they are. Well worth it.

I had bought the heat exchangers but never did the job, I bought the better boards and put them on yesterday. I think they'll work good

Attachments

• better boards 005.JPG
    better boards 005.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 445
I do have a set of heat exchangers if someone deceides to install them under foot. They are like the one you recommeneded me to get, in and out both on the same end

Update

Update on the durability of the heat exchanger project for the 2008 riding season. Put a hard 1500 miles of bush riding on the Mighty Phazer and hit a couple of stumps and ice chunks and bounced off with no damage or leaks. The durability has been rock soild and am glad I did the project also not once did the temprature light come on. Ride hard and don't kick the mule anymore breaking ice off the foot rails. :Rockon:

Back