• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heated shield plug?

Wannaviper

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Viper XTX SE; 2019 Sidewinder DX LTX; 2013 Vector LTX; 2014 Viper XTX SE; 2013 SRX 120
The heated shield plug that is on the handlebars of my wife's 2013 vector doesn't work, but the 12 volt accessory plug does. Are they on separate circuits, fuses? Does anyone know where that fuse would be found?

The heated shield plug that is on the handlebars of my wife's 2013 vector doesn't work, but the 12 volt accessory plug does. Are they on separate circuits, fuses? Does anyone know where that fuse would be found?
After digging around under the hood, I found the answer to my question. The 12 volt accessory is separate from the heated shield plug. I found the blown fuse, and now everything works. It was smart engineering on Yamaha's part not to put them on the same circuit. Luckily I carried a spare lighter plug accessory with the RCA adaptor in my sled so that we were able to make my wife's heated shield work, or it would have been a very long day. Having one of those adaptors is a lot quicker and a lot easier than tearing your sled apart on the trail at 5 below zero to find the fuse box!

Which circuit is the shield plug on?

After digging around under the hood, I found the answer to my question. The 12 volt accessory is separate from the heated shield plug. I found the blown fuse, and now everything works. It was smart engineering on Yamaha's part not to put them on the same circuit. Luckily I carried a spare lighter plug accessory with the RCA adaptor in my sled so that we were able to make my wife's heated shield work, or it would have been a very long day. Having one of those adaptors is a lot quicker and a lot easier than tearing your sled apart on the trail at 5 below zero to find the fuse box!

The fusebox is under the hood in almost every sled, ive never had to tear anything apart to get to it, did you buy this sled new or used? If its used someone couldve installed it and just done a poor job, I dont know if the newer sleds come with spare accessory spots in the stock fusebox but depending on what it is i install sometimes ill just run a new wire.

Its good you kept the extra 12v parts with you though! throw some extra fuses in a ziploc with them too

Back