• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heavy Vibration on 2016 RS Venture TF-LE

Yes....Ran it today with a second brand new belt....Looks and measures up the same as the factory installed belt....So the belt made no change....I'm ruling that one out.....I have no doubt that it is narrowed down to the track...

My new track installed years ago ,did pull itself out . This was my situation and I cannot guarantee this is yours .. But it made a "out of balance sound"

Lift sled up and over tighten track to see if you notice something . I know I know , over tighten , but it's just a test . Keep us informed

You know what...I may try that, just for the heck of it....Not this week is all, as I am all lined up and tensioned up for a weekend ride...If its still doing it with no signs of fading I may just try it after that......Thanks.....I will update with the outcome... :~)....Hey did anyone try my math...to see if it makes sense....because if its correct, then it proves it's the rotating track.....Thanks

I didnt re-calculate your math but reading it made sense to me and i followed it through. cant think of any steps you missed or added steps.

if the vibration goes away to a constant hum at around 50-55 mph that is what mine does
I can see the track on the stand is not perfectly true
get this, if you stand, the sound really changes
so my idea is some of this resonance is, the windshield is amplifying the sound
I hope for you it is just that annoying yammi hum that we all have
17777 miles and it hasn't gone away...yet

I'll just throw my 2 cents in. We had a vibration on a brand new Phazer from day 1 and it drove me crazy for 2000mi. Just dumb luck during some summer maintenance that I found
a bearing/collar on the primary that felt "sticky". Replaced it and all vibration gone. A little annoyed that the dealer was not able to trouble shoot this but sometimes you can't see the
forest for the trees and these problems can be chased forever and just hoping whatever it is- would just break!

I have exactly the same problem on my new 2016 RS Venture TF. It has been like this from day one.
Have also tested with a new belt, checked the track tension and aligment, but no change.
I will try the "over tighten" test tomorrow.

I did a test and over tighten the track today and it get better, but it should not be like this on a brand new machine, picked it up on Friday.
But, I think I've found what creates the sound and the vibration. Where the track is vulcanized together, it seems that it is stiffer and when that part passes the drive wheels, it create the sound (and vibration when the track spinns faster).
You can hear it here:

I have talked to my dealer and I will take the machine to him tomorrow.

Mi
Hey Guys....Got a brand new 2016 Venture TF with one heck of a lot of vibration....

First off I have not yet notified the dealer as I am hoping to find the issue without having to trailer to a dealer where they have no place for trail testing at all.

My first 2 moves of the sled were under 100 ft. drives as I only loaded and unloaded into my garage waiting for snow. So.... First ride out, as soon as the speed was at about 30 km/h, I find this awful vibration and loud resonating feeling like a washing machine on spin that is slightly out of balance. I looked over the sled and could find nothing obvious. We limited our ride to 20 miles and took the sled into my garage for inspection. All I could find was that the track was extremely loose, sagging about 5 inches without weight being hung on the track. Figured I had found the problem, brought the track into tension following advised specs. On second ride out, the problem is still there. I cannot locate any issues.... I have rolled the track by hand and inspected, I find nothing. All suspension wheels are snug and turning freely, Jackshaft and drive axle appear solid....I am at a loss.... Its like driving a wash tub down the trail.....A constant about once a second (Wha wha wha)...sound.....It does increase with speed but does not seem to increase in intervals as in double the sound/vibration as speed doubles...I am at a loss...if anyone can throw some thoughts of where to look, I would be happy....thanks....JD

So... I finished off my riding season with the same track problem I started with....The dealer is on the fence with the source of the noise/shacking...I have shown several riding buddies and we all come to the same conclusion that I have a dud track....The dealer has sent video and email's to Yamaha with no response.
To say the least, I will not be riding this sled next year with this problem.....Either Yamaha changes the track or this will be a 709 mile old sled sold as is with 2 more years of useless factory warranty .....as rediculous as this sounds....no way in "H#@LL am I replacing the track at my expense....VERY, VERY disappointed in how this is being dealt with....HOPE SOMEONE FROM YAMAHA READS THIS......I have had Yamaha all my life and always had a superior product....Camoplast sold yamaha a bad track....I got stuck with it.....
Does anyone have the secret phone number to contact Yamaha.....Its time to let someone have it.....Thanks guys..

Keep bitching to your dealer, he is the one that can make enough noise to get this solved. Call them every day. Bring sled there and leave it.

Now the season is over.
You should have left it there all winter demanding it was fixed.
Good Luck

The dealer will have to call and get a new track for you and install under warranty. Many tires made are bad from the start and they replace because they cannot get balanced correctly. Happened to me twice with my 37in truck tires. It happens . im sure your track is the same... Out of balance with no way of balancing .. Get on the dealers a$$ or find another dealer.

I have made enought calls and trips there already...I am out of patience for that....And my toys are always stored inside....I wasn't about to let it sit there all winter while I was also trying to enjoy a bit of riding...May be I should have....I am going to try and upload a vid to see what anyone else thinks....

yep, that is the sound mine makes
putting on a new track after 10 years and almost 30,000km or 18500ish miles
I hope the new track isn't worse
I found it inconvenient and annoying and maybe at first I thought of it as a defect
but now after all the posts it seems like it is just the nature of the beast

by the video the noise is right at the rear wheels and the white mark
when I look at my track going around I see a slight sideways wobble at that same thing

Back