• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help Apex pushes through corners

rkkoeb

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
None right now
Hello, I have a 09 Apex with a set of semi aggressive snowtracker skags on and running a studded 136 track. I feel that I get a ton of push through the corners and don't feel that it bits in well. What can I do to improve the handling in the corners?

I always found the aggressive trackers to work the best on the stock skis, semi’s didn’t have enough bite for me. Having said that, what is your transfer rod set at, and also your limiter strap? Are you pushing through the corner under power, or just coasting through?

I will have to look and see this weekend. Hands down this is the only thing I really don't like about my Apex, cornering is poor in my opinion. Rest of the sled I love but I also have done a ton of work to it.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 68
I had Semi aggressive from previous owner on my 13. Pushed like crazy. I went to 6" shaper bars. Much better with very little darting. Best option for me would be c&a razors but way too expensive.
Like others said above, get more pressure on the skis. Choke up on limiter straps one hole and try that. If it's only when you are on the throttle then it's transferring too much. Set transfer rod to stock and try that.
Good luck

Back