• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP RHINO WONT START

BURMAD69

Expert
I'm having a tough time getting my Rhino started when its cooler outside, seems like if the temp is below 50 it wont start,choking it doesnt help,starting fluid doesnt help, the only way it will start is if I put propane to it. I'm going to go through the carb tomorrow at work hope I find something there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like the pilot jet might be partly plugged. a good carb cleaning would not hurt in any case.

Not the pilot jet had the carb off and ran it through an ultrasonic carb cleaner,blew out all the passages put it back on and same #*$&@ it just will not start when its cold also it spits and sputters around 25 mph wont go any faster

how do the filters look (air + gas)? sounds like it is starving for gas or air.

how do the filters look (air + gas)? sounds like it is starving for gas or air.
Not the pilot jet had the carb off and ran it through an ultrasonic carb cleaner,blew out all the passages put it back on and same #*$&@ it just will not start when its cold also it spits and sputters around 25 mph wont go any faster
I'm having the same issue , wont start when cold, new carb,new battery, new spark plug,aded a electric fuel pump still wont start cold, take it in the heated shop for an hour it pops right off.

op never posted reply on what he found.

what weight of oil are you using? cold temps might need a 5w40 or 0w30 to let it turn fast enough.

Back