• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help

My sled stock would run 220 ish on the temp gauge with the fun light coming on all the time. I added a mountain tech dash vent, mountain tech mountain cooler, and two mod rod vents behind the front shocks and now run Polaris 50/50 coolant (it was in the shelf). My sled now runs in the 175 range all day and just touches the upper 190's on a really long road run. I have not seen the light in 2 years. Or the fan for that matter. I let the sled idle for a the other weekend just to see if the fan would still kick on.
Where is the best place to look for a mountain cooler ? And has anyone tried running Evans waterless coolant in there nytro ?

I got my cooler "part # 62"from my Yamaha dealer, complete kit was $270 cdn out the door... Comes with everything you need to install...
If you buy just the cooler #63 it's like $410 cdn which makes no sense to me...
IMG_2197.GIF

It's a great idea to add this, really keeps the temps down in all conditions, never seen the light come on since I installed this cooler...

Where is the best place to look for a mountain cooler ? And has anyone tried running Evans waterless coolant in there nytro ?

evans waterless coolant will make your sled run really hot the fluid retain a lot more heat then standard water base coolant i would stay away from
it if i was you there is a few post about it if you search

I have the mountain tech cooler. I'm not sure if they still make them but I would PM Peter and see if he has any left. It almost doubles the amount of coolant in the sled.
IMG_5573.JPG

I have the Mountaintech version 0f this cooler along with his console vent. I run 1.75" track and have only seen my temp light on once in about 3 years. I have also installed a temp gauge and the sender screws into part #70. Typically shows a temp of 160*

I got my cooler "part # 62"from my Yamaha dealer, complete kit was $270 cdn out the door... Comes with everything you need to install...
If you buy just the cooler #63 it's like $410 cdn which makes no sense to me...View attachment 127890
It's a great idea to add this, really keeps the temps down in all conditions, never seen the light come on since I installed this cooler...

I'm having a hard time finding this micro-fiche, if you can find it, put up the part# of this kit.

I know for some reason the US and Canada sites price the kit different, US prices the kit more for the complete kit rather than buying just the cooler but in Canada the complete kit is $250 and if you just want the cooler it's like close to $400 doesn't make sense up here in Canada but that's the way it is, my dealer called Yamaha Canada when I was there and the guy said that's the way they price it here for some odd reason...

Time to take the wife to Niagara falls "be right back...." anything to declare? Besides you're a jerk? Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you buy just the cooler #63 it's like $410 cdn which makes no sense to me...View attachment 127890
Thanks Fadio was installing the cooler difficult at all ? I'm definitely thinking I'll install one this fall

evans waterless coolant will make your sled run really hot the fluid retain a lot more heat then standard water base coolant i would stay away from
it if i was you there is a few post about it if you search
Thanks for the heads up on Evans coolant I'll stay away from running that I'm the nytro

Thanks Fadio was installing the cooler difficult at all ? I'm definitely thinking I'll install one this fall

Jay it wasn't that bad considering that you have to take apart quite a few things, directions with the kit where very clear...

Its definitely worth adding an additional cooler...

Back