• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Here it is on a scale

sheetwright

Northwoods Snowmobiling Facebook
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha SRX
I found this on the Yamaha Facebook page, and the Just snowmobiles page on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/JustSnowmo...583842707843/1775583822707845/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1263496657037440&set=p.1263496657037440&type=3&theater

The weight on the scale is not with a full tank of gas the poster said. It is with a the partial tank he got from the dealer/factory per the poster . The other weight from the Yamaha cut sheet is the dry weight. At lest this gives us an idea instead of all the guessing that has been going on lately

Attachments

• sidewinder scale.jpg
    sidewinder scale.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 4,325
  • sidewinder report.jpg
    sidewinder report.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 4,330

least we have foot holds std :D and the power to make them doos stand still

So around 150 lbs heavier than the 850?

The MXZ-X weighs 475lbs dry, and the renegade weighs in at 485lbs dry. So you are talking about 70lbs different dry weight a Renegade vs a X-TX.

Keeping in mind the Yamaha motor got dynode at 211.2HP at 8746rpm, and the Ski doo got dynode at 170.4HP, 111.1TRQ, and 8065rpm at Dynotech per Arctic adventures. So 40.8 more horsepower, and 70lbs more on the Yamaha if you are comparing. You also have to compare reliability also...... We know Yamaha has that area for the most part, and only Time will tell if the 850 is what it says it will be. We know how first year Doo's have been lol

Last edited:
Oh don't get me wrong....I'm not worried at all about any bombi!!

dry does'nt add coolant or oil resi..
That is why I subtracted it from the 555lb dry weight, and not the 585lb with oil, and coolant... Dry vs Dry=485Doo, and 555Yami

Last edited:
my ltx se 137 is listed at 590 lbs. anyone know why the xtx is lighter?

Rear suspension is much lighter, and float shocks all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And 1.6 cobra is much lighter than Ripsaw 2

how much is a renegade 1200 because i'm thinking the Yamaha is going to shake the 4 stroke tree for a few BRP owners...:yam:

Ski-Doo 1200 Renegade X is 518 lbs. dry and 604 full wet stock and fueled to the max.

Now add a MCX turbo kit at 19 lbs. and subtract 11 lbs for the lightweight battery and who is it going to shake again? LOL! Lets not get too cocky. Couple buddies of mine bought this season, we'll have plenty of time to compare and ride each others machines.

Do doubt the Yamaha engine is going to be a step up from the lawn mowing twin cylinder Suzuki turbo, but Cat would have to come a long ways in the chassis and suspension dept. to get on par with Doos handling and excellent ride of the R-Motion. I hope its an excellent machine, because if Doo doesn't come with a comparable turbo HP wise, I just may be on a Sidewinder if they are on par handling and ride wise when its time to replace my 1200. I just have my doubts on getting up there with the R-Motion.

Back