• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID kit installed

I was going to mess with the distance the magnet pulls the bulb. it would pull it even another 1/16 of an inch, it would make a world of difference. But, when I saw what you did, I thought, hey, wonder if this is the cure? I have seen lights with projectors but never knew you could buy the insert, thought they were all just pre made lights. I am waiting on guys on the shoforum bot make a clear lens for retrofit on the SHO cars. Some guys have home made plugs for them now, hopefully someone will make a sellable version so I can update the daughters car.

Looking back, projectors were the BEST $70 I have evrer spent for a hop-up on this sled.

They look entirely factory. Like Yamaha built it this way.

I installed my DDM Tuning kit today. The wiring is really plug and play. It is important to plan the wire and ballast locations carefully. I spent time making a bracket to mount to the back of the headlight but then the dash parts did not fit. If placed far enough back the ballasts fit nicely on the metal rack the headlight sits on. I used the 35W Hi Lo motorcycle kit. It was $50. I needed more ground wire to get the grounds where I wanted so I soldered extensions. I directly wired the hot to the battery and the fuse is secure and perfectly accessible right next to the air box. The lighting is very white and bright. The beam seems rather flat. I adjusted the beam higher as it seemed my low beam was rather low and the split to high was not much different. Look forward to seeing it on the trail.
CIMG9945.jpg

Som pictures of my viper electical adust. :Rockon:

Attachments

• 20130114_205357.jpg
    20130114_205357.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 382
  • 20130114_220155.jpg
    20130114_220155.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 386
my install, got mine hidextra black friday sale

Crappy Blackberry pics,

This is the only plugin, one for each bulb. Plugs into the stock wiring no cutting or running relays.
KFs5Zam.jpg

They fit in the stock housing, I had to grind out a bit to seal it well. But I think anything but yamaha bulbs and you will have to do this. Also coated it in dielectric grease.
13ozqse.jpg

I tried the ballasts both ways, with the wire inside and out. Inside it rubbed against the steering column. Outside it was seen through the vents. Up and down didn't fit right. The connectors seem to be water Proof so I put them outside.
pFQUSCh.jpg

the blasts had holders mounted to the air box screws.
qsExZ2Y.jpg

On top is the hid and the bottom is the normal halgen this picture is sideways too.
vXdi8p0.jpg

Clean install, the wiring fit up inside the headlight framing.

dgM9YMT.jpg

low beam has a nice blue tint to it.
gyXwcyg.jpg

High-beam, I could not stand in front of the sled to take the pic it was bright.
lcV69as.jpg

BETHEVIPER said:
Som pictures of my viper electical adust. :Rockon:

Would be interested in seeing more of that elect headlight adjustment.
What kind of motor did you use and how did you connect to the adjustment screw?

Purchased a kit for my Apex in 2008 that was a $175 kit then two years later then one bulb went out and the company told me they didn't sell replacement bulbs so had to purchase Rockmeisters kit but later when i was looking to put HID on my Phazer i came across DDM HID kits and at half the price of the other suppliers plus they will sell replacement bulbs, ballast or anything else you need at a very low cost...yes their website needs to be a little more user friendly but they make up for it in low cost. I read a review about HID kits that slammed the low cost kits but for 5 seasons my low cost kits is still working so i plan to add HID to my Tahoe so i can see on those dark winter nights on my way up to the cottage

Going on 5 seasons with my DDM kit and absolutely no problems.

I got Grizz back 2 seasons with his install style. Had ddm tuning 35 watt 4300k bulb kit with sled start patch cables and was plug and play. Now this year upgraded to 55 watt bigger ballasts with same bulbs and wiring. Changed install to my style to free up air intake area and make coolant bottle access a little easier. Here are all the pics. I used rubber well nuts to mount and double face tape to prevent chaffing. Hope this helps give other ideas. Open to critics as well. More input the merrier. Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413542507.256097.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413542515.604750.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413542531.422681.jpg

Installed 35w 4500k DDM system on my 2014 Vector LTX.Fired the sled up yesterday and everything works fine. The ballasts, wires, etc. fit nicely inside of the headlight pod. Used industrial Velcro on the ballasts to mount them to the pod. Also used some window air conditioner foam (cut pieces) to stuff in there to make everything nice and secure. I used a 2-way plug to disconnect the power when I pull the pod off.

Installed 35w 4500k DDM system on my 2014 Vector LTX.Fired the sled up yesterday and everything works fine. The ballasts, wires, etc. fit nicely inside of the headlight pod. Used industrial Velcro on the ballasts to mount them to the pod. Also used some window air conditioner foam (cut pieces) to stuff in there to make everything nice and secure. I used a 2-way plug to disconnect the power when I pull the pod off.
Pictures?

Haha. Takes practice. I have to make special efforts to do so and it is annoying when working so I choose not to unless someone needs help or I want to show the build.

Haha. Takes practice. I have to make special efforts to do so and it is annoying when working so I choose not to unless someone needs help or I want to show the build.

I guess I didn't think I was doing anything special to warrant pics. I'm very happy that I was able to fit everything inside of the headlight pod and only need a 2 way connector to unhook when I take the pod off.

I see you got the 55 watt ballasts. I went with the 35's with the 4500k bulbs. I haven't had it out in the total dark but my gut tells me I should have got the 55's.

I had the 35 watt ones in most my stuff and ordered the 55 watt ones for my cycle but dodged a deer and wrecked bike so 55 watt ballast were sitting on garage bench staring at me screaming install me in the Nytro and so I did. Yes lots brighter! Ballasts a bit bigger and pack that bigger punch! From now on I would always get 55 watt ballasts knowing what I know now. Had I not tried both I would have been satisfied with the 35 watt ones but after seeing both the choice is clear!

Back