• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

High Idle

So what do they replace to fix it the elbow??

Some of the elbows are undersized not letting the excess pressure return qhick enough, simply need a new elbow

Bring your sled into your dealer and have them do a fuel pressure test on it, more then likely the elbow from the fuel pressure regulator is undersized, its the red elbow that goes into the tank, more then likely the fuel pressure will be reading very high, just had one in the shop with this issue
Thanks. It's at the dealer, so I'll pass along the info.

I have also had high idle 2500 rpm a few times. Sometimes it is connected to small misfire once and to a code 84. Any idea? I tried to tighten throttle wire but it was not helping at all. High RPM is not always but every time I rode for last three times and in total 100 km. Now 2000 km.

Last edited:
I have also had high idle 2500 rpm a few times. Sometimes it is connected to small misfire once and to a code 84. Any idea? I tried to tighten throttle wire but it was not helping at all. High RPM is not always but every time I rode for last three times and in total 100 km. Now 2000 km.
code 84 is tors, I bielieve you should be loosening the throttle cable not tightening . The throttle lever needs to have some play at the throttle block at the handlebar. It describes how to and how much to adjust in the owners manual. I think it's like 3-4mm of play.

I received a call back from the dealer on this issue. They were not able to see anything with the diagnostics (probably since it never produced a code). They were also not able to replicate the high idle since it is an intermittent problem. Without them seeing the issue they said Yamaha will not pay for them to look into it any further (I asked if they checked the fuel pressure per the suggestions in this thread). Does this seem reasonable? Should I be looking into a more supportive dealer? I guess I will need to try to take a video of the problem on the trail with my phone to prove that I am not full of crap.

code 84 is tors, I bielieve you should be loosening the throttle cable not tightening . The throttle lever needs to have some play at the throttle block at the handlebar. It describes how to and how much to adjust in the owners manual. I think it's like 3-4mm of play.
I loosened now the wire as much as possible. Yesterday I started and during warm-up I had not even touched the throttle but engine misfired once and started idle rough. Code 84 came but it disappeared soon. 100 km worked fine and no high idle. I mentioned these to the dealer and asked him to call to importeur. It does not help to take the sled to the Service if it works. High idle does not give a code and probably high idle and code 84 are not related each other.

I received a call back from the dealer on this issue. They were not able to see anything with the diagnostics (probably since it never produced a code). They were also not able to replicate the high idle since it is an intermittent problem. Without them seeing the issue they said Yamaha will not pay for them to look into it any further (I asked if they checked the fuel pressure per the suggestions in this thread). Does this seem reasonable? Should I be looking into a more supportive dealer? I guess I will need to try to take a video of the problem on the trail with my phone to prove that I am not full of crap.
Mine did the same on the weekend and I was thinking of recording it to prove too the dealer, why do the dealers doubt issues and problems brought too them from their customers? ? 1st model year it's gonna have problems so fix them ! Our dealers should listen to us owners and notify their warranty reps that there is problems. And get working on a fix come on yamaha

Update: Since the dealer I bought my sled from would not help me, I contacted a different dealer. I explained the issue and the fuel line elbow fix mentioned in this thread. They agreed that the elbow was the likely cause and are ordering me one under warranty. The part is back ordered...that is interesting. Thank You Powersports1 in Appleton,WI.

Curious if you had an update. Mine is still doing it now and again, I have near 1400 miles on it now. I pulled the elbow out of the tank and the hole in it is super small, with a ton of pressure. I'm curious if that ended up being the fix, if so I'm getting a new elbow and clamp next week.

Curious if you had an update. Mine is still doing it now and again, I have near 1400 miles on it now. I pulled the elbow out of the tank and the hole in it is super small, with a ton of pressure. I'm curious if that ended up being the fix, if so I'm getting a new elbow and clamp next week.
Still waiting for the elbow to arrive at the dealer...won't really know if it resolves the issue until next season since our snow is gone. Please post an update after you try the new elbow.

Still waiting for the elbow to arrive at the dealer...won't really know if it resolves the issue until next season since our snow is gone. Please post an update after you try the new elbow.

I'm in the same boat but if I keep tapping my throttle I can get mine to hang every now and then in the shop. There are a couple roads with snow on them but it's not going to be here long if I get it done and try it I'll let you know.

Thanks

Back