• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HINDLE EXHAUST

hognit09

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 viper ltx le,2016 viper ltx dx
just wondering how to tell if there is a db reducer in the hindle exhaust, mine seems kinda loud. would be nice to be just a little quieter. i think mine is the 20" muffler stealth system, thanks.

One of the Hindle owners will probably chime in but I believe you should be able to see the core if it's in there.

Look down the muffler...if you see and obstruction, it has one....if you can see straight through...it doesn't. You'll notice it as it very visible.

Did you purchase it new?

No purchased from a member here, nutrozula. There is no obstruction in there. How much does it reduce sound with db reducer?

Mine has no reducer and when you look from the rear, you can almost see into the motor lol. The reducers I've seen almost block off the pipe when viewed from the rear.

I can see straight through mine but it is still not much louder than stock. Recently I noticed it was louder and I found that the O2 sensor bung plug had fallen out. You should be able to feel it on top of the pipe just before the muffler. Also, if you have lots of miles on that muffler maybe it needs to be repacked. Never heard of anyone repacking them but I'm sure it could be done.

If it's getting loud, repack it. If you blow out all the packing it gets really loud and you will overheat the muffler shell causing it to split/crack.

My Hindle exhaust is WAY louder than stock when hard on the throttle, but you can safely ride it through town without annoying anyone. My O2 sensor plug also fell out, had to find a new one. It made a difference in sound too.

Back