• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How does the TORS work?

WANN4STROKE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Viking
2006 ApxMtn-sold
2001 MtnMax-sold
1998 VMAX 500-totalled
Had a friend that had to jump from his sled-Arctic Cat. It landed upside down with the throttle pinned. Did damage to his track. Would the TORS protect me from that or should I install a tether? Mine is an APEX Mtn. and I've bailed before. :yam:

Thxs.

David

Nope, tether is the only thing to work in that situation. TORS only really works for frozen cable and related items.

The TORS is two switches. One in the throttle & the other on the throttle linkage. If you let go of throttle & make that switch & linkage or butterflies stay open; not making that switch; it will kill power. So crewchief47 is correct...

FxsX24 said:
what about the TORS on my 86 srv. it had a switch on the carb, but i dont think there is anything on the throttle

The switch on my 93 SX was in the pivot end of the flipper if I remember right. The way to test the system was to hold the pivot so that it could not move towards the center of the sled, then open the throttle. TORS should engage at this point. You should probably try this on the stand. ;)!

Back