• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many of you have bent your subframe back

Beenba

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro XTX
Hit a rock tonight, add me to the bent subframe club.
Was doing about 10kmh but stopped me dead in my tracks.
Left ski is now about 3-4" back from the right, and the shock is about 1/4 from hitting the backside of the upper arm.
Sled pulls to the left and anything over 70kmh doesn't feel right anymore.

I should add that I took a quick look and the circle gusset is kinked.

How many of you have successfully bent yours back with a pry bar? I found Grizztracks pic with the prybar, going to try it tomorrow night. Tips?

Hit a rock tonight, add me to the bent subframe club.
Was doing about 10kmh but stopped me dead in my tracks.
Left ski is now about 3-4" back from the right, and the shock is about 1/4 from hitting the backside of the upper arm.
Sled pulls to the left and anything over 70kmh doesn't feel right anymore.

I should add that I took a quick look and the circle gusset is kinked.

How many of you have successfully bent yours back with a pry bar? I found Grizztracks pic with the prybar, going to try it tomorrow night. Tips?

I have an 09 XTX and bent the sub frame early in the game. I did the pry bar thing and have logged several thousand miles since with no issues. I used a long bar and was not shy about bending it back.

Mine wasn't quite as bad as yours, but I bent mine back, then added in the gussets and have been doing great for a few years now.

Bent my sub-frame years ago, hit a tree root going about 5 mph, straightened it best I could with the long bar method and have been riding with it like that since. Bought the gusset kit from grizz but I am the great procrastinator and haven't installed as yet, maybe this summer lol

I haven't seen or met someone driving a fx nytro that hasn't bent their sub-frame, don't feel special! There are many riders who don't even notice that they have different angles on their spindles lol When you try to explain to them that they've bent their sub-frame, they won't believe you, or at least that's been my experience. Yamaha are cheese dicks for not stepping up and at least giving a discount for a new sub-frame, instead to fix all the issues with the fx nytro they simply came up a new model and called it the viper!

Bend it back and gusset it. Did mine this way, it's not perfect but pretty close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya if i can get it back straight tonight I will definitely gusset it for next year.
I'll likely buy a roest plate too and do it proper while i'm under there.

I bent mine back and added gussets and as nickleuci said it's not perfect but pretty close. I recently added the Mountaintech A-Arms and with the adjustability of the ball joints I was able to make it near perfect.

I would gusset it right away. Once it bends its prone to bending again. When I bent it back It didn't feel like it was going to hold.

Well I bent it back, was really easy....almost too easy. Used a 1.25"dia hunk of steel about 6' long - gave me some good control.
The ski is still cambered in a little bit than the other, don't think it will be much of an issue...i hope.

I don't have the time or patience to weld in gussets right now, going to go for a ride tonight and as long as it steers the same i'm happy for now.

Back