• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurley, Mercer WI trail conditions?

Michael432, if you get a chance, let us know how the trails are! Supposed to be heading up there next week. Thanks and good luck!!

got back 5 min. ago. only possible riding was around the flambeu flowage and even then melted slides because even with snow its hard as rock.only rode 10 miles and loaded back on trailer. took truck looking for snow fron hurley to whit pine to ontonogen mich. nothing any better and other than 1-2 inchs tomorrow just flurries in the forecast. sorry.

I also just got back last night from hurley. we put on almost 400 miles which is low from what we usually do. some trails were beat up and unrideable but if you get out of hurley and go south twards the flowage they do get better. Carbides and slides did take a beating on some trails but in the end i am glad we went. find the right trails and they are good riding. didn't even venture into the UP scince it is $45 for the pass and didn't want to spend the money if we couldn't get to good trails.

IMAG0054.jpg

P2050007.jpg

P2050006.jpg

P2050009.jpg

Thanks for the updates guys! Sounds like they got some LES last night, so hopefully that will help a little bit. Guess we'll see as the trailers loaded, bags are packed, and the vacation request at work has been approved!

I would lile to know where you rode to only get on 10 miles before loading back up. Like I said around towns are rough and some trails did suck but some trails are pretty descent since that is about the only place to ride without going to the mountains. just don't come up there expecting normal ride wherever you want to go conditions

Thought I would add to start clear of trails going into mercer and trail 17 for the most part I'll try to look at the map and remember wich trails we took

my wife and i turned around ion the way to mercer. my sons continued on to fat bobs bar. or a name like that. riding a trail thats as flat and hard as concrete is not my idea of snowmobiling. i dont have the cash to beat our sleds like that. we were in the lobby checking out and listen to the clerk sugar coat conditions for 2 guys going to check in. i like to ride and wish there was more snow to but theres not

I'm guessing you are talking about the rail grade leading into mercer? I can imagine that trail is pretty bad but most off the trails off of it are decent as nobody usually rides those. We couldn't find a hotel around hurley for the 17th weekend, had to go to watersmeet which is fine since snow should be better up that way. We will find out soon haha

Well, we managed to get in about 400 miles Wed-Sat. Trails were for the most part in good shape! Got a light dusting of snow every night and a good couple inches on Friday during the day/evening. Friday afternoon and Saturday morning were great riding. Main trails into and out of Mercer and Hurley were obviously beat up with all the traffic, but the side trails were real good! No problems with melting slides at all for any of the days we rode!

jrkleins said:
Well, we managed to get in about 400 miles Wed-Sat. Trails were for the most part in good shape! Got a light dusting of snow every night and a good couple inches on Friday during the day/evening. Friday afternoon and Saturday morning were great riding. Main trails into and out of Mercer and Hurley were obviously beat up with all the traffic, but the side trails were real good! No problems with melting slides at all for any of the days we rode!

Where did u ride to and from? I'm heading up there Friday hoping for some decent riding

Let me get my map from home and I will report back tomorrow. I can't remember all the trail numbers up there, but for the most part, it was between Mercer/Hurley riding.

jrkleins said:
Let me get my map from home and I will report back tomorrow. I can't remember all the trail numbers up there, but for the most part, it was between Mercer/Hurley riding.

Thanks that would b awesome I appreciate the help!

Back