• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hygear rear shock body problem

Here's what the new fitting looks like. Seems like it's a hair taller than the brass but looks way more durable.

Checking clearances later this eve.

e23b224e692a38fbdcb7e224f21e6132.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not hitting, but it's close enough to rub and is rubbing. I think the steel seems way more robust and the fitting is fully threaded in. The raised edge that's rubbing will likely wear and eliminate the prob. However not ideal.

e88431b050e2f331e8403379cef83e2a.jpg
355ff9465a8086eb4a73d3ae6e40d7bc.jpg
8f014b9b8956a09057057bbf840ee4c0.jpg
a44453d2b57c759cbaf943cd9d28b20b.jpg
e88e3c0dd236b4300be91faf7e4987fc.jpg
IMG_3642.JPG

That tag says to call. I'd call them.

Already emailed them pics and basically same info I had posted here. That was the first thing I did.

They told me that everyone they did this for seems to be ok, they hadn't heard back that there was an issue.

X2 call them. They are great guys to deal with and should be able to deal with any concerns you have. Besides we are getting hammered with snow now in NH so don't want any issues now to prevent riding!!

Pete

Yes, trust me first thing Monday I will be calling.

In the meantime I am exchanging emails this morning with. Didn't think I'd get a response till Monday but they replied already this morning. More to follow......

UPDATE
50 miles today, no real big bumps, but some bumps. No issues. Hygear confirmed flipping the shock WILL cause the resi to hit the track so that is not a solution.

Defrosting it now and will check for rubbing.

Last edited:
that is an eaton hydraulc elbow. wayy tougher than the brass one by far.

Did another 150 miles with all the new snow I haven't been able to let it thaw and check it out. Hit some big bumps tonight so it it was going to hit I'll see it when it thaws. Forgot to call hygear today.

Any update on this? I have the same problem.

Hygear said I could file a bit of material off the fitting where it was rubbing. I didn't do that. Last I checked it barely touched. Working great, prob have 1500+ miles on it

Back