• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I almost mounted Bambi in the worst way!

Redbeard

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex, 136 M20, PB80
2008 Vector, 136 M20, PB80
Had a close call the other day! I was cruising down the trail, enjoying life when Bambi tried to hitch a ride on my hood! I swerved thinking, "It's going to happen!" At the last moment, the deer turned and I clipped it's head with my right handlebar. Needless to say; I had to stop and inspect my drawers for a beaver slide!

There was no damage to me or my sled, but Bambi left some hair and slobber behind on my gauntlet as a conversation piece! Things can happen in a hurry, my friends! Stay alert! ;)!

PS - I did not share this part of the trip with my wife.

20170202_094816.jpg

Our group had a couple close calls this weekend in Saint Germain also. Keeps you alert! Glad your ok.

Had a close call the other day! I was cruising down the trail, enjoying life when Bambi tried to hitch a ride on my hood! I swerved thinking, "It's going to happen!" At the last moment, the deer turned and I clipped it's head with my right handlebar. Needless to say; I had to stop and inspect my drawers for a beaver slide!

There was no damage to me or my sled, but Bambi left some hair and slobber behind on my gauntlet as a conversation piece! Things can happen in a hurry, my friends! Stay alert! ;)!

PS - I did not share this part of the trip with my wife.

View attachment 126546
Good reminder. I saw 10 deer Sunday using the trails for easy walking. Nothing like what fellow member Bluebullet saw Saturday. Here's a picture he sent me.
2017-02-08 07.50.52.jpg

I can't kill em all for ya but I do try. Headed to a vintage ice drags last Saturday. We missed the first deer but smoked the second one. The Ford I was in didn't look so pertty. 2 hrs later we made it to the races. I went to put the Ford emblem on the deer for a picture and the dam thing wasn't dead. Oops. Just be careful.

Once hit two in one day. First ran in front of me and I took off both rear legs with left spindle had to finish it off with a pocket knife I couldn't leave it to suffer. Later that day I caught another in the hind quarter with the bumper at low speed and spun it around and it ran off. I let someone else lead the rest of the day!

Have hit a deer 2x in my 30+ years of riding. Thankfully no damage.

That's always my fear flying down the trail at 90mph. Thinking.... Yeah.. These curves are no problem, but I'm out in bfe, and if a deer hops out, I'm fubar.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

A friend hit a Coyote the other day crossing the trail... hit it with his left front ski knocking down and rolled the Coyote a few times, got up and ran. I came within inches with my eyes half closed of hitting a wolf a couple years back while flying down the trial ..locked it up in time to gain my witts and sit and watch him for a minute. wont forget it....

Back