• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ice scratcher placement?

Canuguy

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Viper LTX-SE
Just bought a set of the cable ice scratchers(trail blizzer).
Where's the best/easiest location to place these on skid? Pictures would be helpful....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i tried mounting mine on my 129 and they ended up rubbing on the track, not sure there is a great place on the 129 skid. Seen someone had a ski mount bracket i want to find where they got that i want to run them on the skis

I will be installing mine on the skis as well. I got the mount from Barnofparts. Looks to work well.

I have the Duraflex ice scratchers mounted on the skid as shown in the Barn of Parts link. My sled is an XTX 141. I found that one throws enough; if fact riding pals have spoke up about the amount of snow and ice chucks it kicks up. up under there. I didn't set out to only install one, however I was in a rush to ride that first day and installed only one. It was then that I saw just how effect it works.
If I was riding bullet hard conditions everyday I might reconsider, but my un-studded 141 is not the sled for that anyway.
Hope this helps.

I have installed the duraflex on mine (2016) and my wifes (2015) both are 129's i mounted them in a predrilled hole that was on the skid. I have used them twice since putting them on and i will say they work great mounted on the skid. I was a little worried because of them being mounted so far back on the skid, but they work great there. Sorry no picture, sleds are at camp.

Back